Hard Wire radar on Auto Start/stop

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2012, 06:45 PM
p-cardriver
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hard Wire radar on Auto Start/stop

Looking for some help...

Friend has a Panamera GTS with the auto start/stop and has been trying to get a radar detector wired in by the mirror. But, it seems all of the hot leads switch off when the car does the stop - which is beyond annoying.

Now I know he can switch off that "feature" but he wants to retain all of the car's delivered functionality.

So, does anyone know where near the rearview mirror to grab the power that will be unswitched for the start/stop? And no, we don't want to snake a wire through the car to the battery.

Thanks in advance!
p-cardriver
Old 10-23-2012, 02:44 PM
MJBird993
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I know it's annoying to hear the beeping when the detector powers back up... but he hardly needs the detector working when he's sitting at a light!

I think you're going to have to snake that wire. I'd check for sunroof power, but if like you say all the hot leads are off then he's probably S.O.L.
Old 10-23-2012, 04:10 PM
2zero
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

THanks for the response!! It is my car that P-cardriver was asking about. I found a part on the ValentineOne website that is supposed to stop the problem that they call a brown out. According to Valentine the power doesn't go off but drops below what the detector considers is enough to keep it on.
Don't know if it will work with my beltronic but I am willing to give it a try.
Old 11-13-2012, 01:31 PM
2zero
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I just received the part from Valentine and it works with my Beltronics!! It's called a "brown out booster"/ BoB.

I went thru a big commotion with Valentine because they didn't want to sell me the part because I didn't own a V1!! After talking/ begging them the finally sold it to me!! (it was the only thing I could find for sale that seemed like it would solve my problems).

Long story short it solves the problem!!

Quick Reply: Hard Wire radar on Auto Start/stop