Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche San Diego

Turbo/GTS brake pad options? (Non-PCCB)

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2012, 09:19 PM
twentyseven
Instructor

Received 69 Likes on 25 Posts
Default Turbo/GTS brake pad options? (Non-PCCB)

Have a Pana GTS with 5k miles and have regretted not getting the PCCB's . Was wondering if anyone has any pad upgrade recommendations? The stock big reds are adequate but not great in terms of initial bite... hoping they could be better with flush/bleed and better compound before selling the car and ordering another with ceramics...

Anyone who says the PCCB aren't worth the money are mistaken. Maybe on a lighter car like a 911 the cost-to-benefit could be argued, but on a big car they make even more of a difference!
Old 10-01-2012, 03:21 AM
PV=nRT
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What speed and circumstance are you braking in that your not getting adequate service from the GTS's brakes? I have base level brakes on my pan and find they are superb. I take mine to the track for its regular exercise- (you all are missing a whole lot of fun there!). In that setting, braking my car's from its mid triple digit range to 70 or so mph for a ninety degree turn is easily accomplished and done in a very short distance. Your GTS beats my hybrid S by about 150 lbs in weight, so you should see just a tad better braking then I do.

I've read (other rennlist forums) that the PCCB don't do as well in off track use as the standard brakes and in colder temps can perform poorly. You should search for those posts before making a change.
Old 10-01-2012, 03:18 PM
twentyseven
Instructor

Received 69 Likes on 25 Posts

It is feel/bite that i'm unhappy with. Stopping distance is fine. Before getting this car, a friend loaned me his PTT with PCCB for two weeks and the initial pedal was much better on his car even with 26k miles. Never heard of the poor cold performance. Will look into that if I do get another GTS but in the meantime hoping a new set of pads will be an inexpensive solution.

I also have an E36 M3 with 996/986S brakes and pad selection is huge by comparison!

Quick Reply: Turbo/GTS brake pad options? (Non-PCCB)