Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche San Diego

Who are you?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2013, 02:06 AM
Steele
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My son was too big for the backseat but to small for front of my '10 911 turbo, so I took a break from the 911 and got a '12 Panamera turbo. Also since it was near impossible to drive the 911 like you would an SUV, like most moms drive, I drove it like it was made to be driven (my husband raced professionally in the 80's and helped me hone my driving skills, not to brag, but I was already a really good driver and at fast speeds too!) and by the time we got to school he would be a nasty shade of green! I had also thought I wouldn't be able to make the kid sick in the Panamera, wrong! It wasn't as easy to be as big a jerk in the Panamera as it was in the 911, but w/500 hp it's still very possible. I only leased the Panamera for 2 yrs w/the intention of getting the new 991 911 turbo when it was supposedly going to be made available, but about 6 wks ago I gave the Panamera back to Porsche for a mechanical problem that put me in a life threatening situation that they've yet to identify. One of my greatest pleasures was to drive a car and nothing drives like a Porsche, just ask my kids. They would say how riding in an Audi, which we just bought our 6th is like riding on air, but in a Porsche you really feel the road! Sadly, not only did i get a whiplash in the incident w/the mechanical failure, but I also have acute post trauma and even riding in a car these days is terrifying let alone the thought of driving. So my love affair w/Porsche is over, hopefully temporarily. So the next time you jump in yours enjoy it a little bit more for my sake, please? My dad said when I was a teenager, had I liked boys the way I liked cars they don't know what they'd done w/me.
Attached Images  
Old 04-23-2013, 03:05 AM
PV=nRT
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Pan's very questionable quality.

Originally Posted by kip1
I have driven lots of powerful sedans. Then moved and needed awd, tried the 997tt as I have always wanted 911. Was not as everyday usable as everyone said, otherwise loved it. Was scraping the front spoiler everywhere and plowing the snow. Car was too hard for a dd also in winter and after having kids and to be able to put a child seat only in the front seat, meant the wife would have had to go to the back seat. So wanted awd, similar speed as 997tt, air suspension and 4-5 seats. So it actually came to the Audi RS5 RS6 or the PTT. Once the turbokit came out, it was no competition. Dont regret it, except the crappy reliability has really surprised me. It has so far been the most unreliable car Ive ever owned and if it doesnt recover from it soon, its the only reason that will make me change to something new. Funny thing is that the future RS6 seems to be the only option, or maybe the 991tt as the child seat can now be attached in the back with isofix.
Unreliabilty of Pan seems to be getting more mentions lately. I have had two, 2012 broke apart (literally) due to defective welds and being built with bent frame rail. 2013 Pan has countless serious problems, the power train had a failure at 3 months of age. It would be the car from heaven if they could build it with some attention to quality control.

To OP: how long have you had your 968? Welcome to the Pan forum, I was just looking into the 968 a few days ago.
Old 04-23-2013, 07:58 AM
MJBird993
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Steele
about 6 wks ago I gave the Panamera back to Porsche for a mechanical problem
You gave it back as in "I've had enough of this!" or as in "here - keep it until it's fixed!"??

Sadly, not only did i get a whiplash in the incident w/the mechanical failure, but I also have acute post trauma and even riding in a car these days is terrifying let alone the thought of driving.
In my last accident, an idiot SUV driver turned left in front of me and I hit him in my beautiful M5. It totalled both vehicles and left me with a bit of post trauma, especially going through intersections - and especially that one, which I go through twice a day. Lots of accidents there. But I got over it, and so will you. Time will heal. Hopefully your neck will as well (that may take a bit longer).

Best of luck.
Old 04-23-2013, 08:09 AM
disden
Drifting

Received 1,151 Likes on 466 Posts

Sorry to hear about problems other are having with the panamera. I have been trouble free thankfully so far; includes 2 years on a turbo, now getting close to a year and 10k miles on a GTS. I guess my time is coming!
Old 04-23-2013, 09:52 AM
MJBird993
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by disden
Sorry to hear about problems other are having with the panamera. I have been trouble free thankfully so far; includes 2 years on a turbo, now getting close to a year and 10k miles on a GTS. I guess my time is coming!
Nah, problems tend to get blown out of proportion on forums like this. The 2% that have problems vent about them (understandably) but the 98% of us with no issues remain quiet. Well, maybe not me.

Shoot, these cars are basically bulletproof compared to most of the BMWs that I've had. The only BMW I've ever owned (out of 12) that didn't require numerous service visits was the one that I sold in less than a year.
Old 04-23-2013, 11:59 PM
BoxsterG
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm a Porsxhe guy. I have had many variants of Porsche at one time or another. I loved my previous 1983 928S. I often think about that touring car but I think my mother loved it much more than I did. She eventually took it from me and drove it until she decided to get another car.

Quick Reply: Who are you?