Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche San Diego

Who are you?

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2012, 11:48 AM
disden
Drifting

Received 1,151 Likes on 466 Posts

I fit the profile as do the vast majority of Panamera owners according to Porsches stats: Panamera was my first Porsche. I loved it so much I traded it for a new 991 S thinking that the 991 HAD to be killer. For my needs that was a big mistake. Took the hit and returned to the Panamera with a GTS. I love how fun the car is to drive, yet is flexible in that it allows you to run errands, pick up kids, and commute long distances comfortably. Plus, being taller it just fits me so well. I even think it looks great -- I know that is not very common.
Old 09-22-2012, 01:08 PM
kaldk
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm new to Porsche, been driving the same four door '97 M3 for 16 years now. Finally conceded that I need a new car, but wanted something that wasn't a step backwards in terms of fun, handling, and family-friendliness. Test drove the PGTS, and didn't bother looking further.
Old 09-22-2012, 10:50 PM
ishur
Track Day

First post and first Porsche, a 4S that is currently on the boat, to arrive some time next month. It will be my daily driver, I need a four door car, and up north where I live four wheel drive is a good thing to have. I was very impressed with a couple of test drives, and even more impressed with it on a brief Porsche-sponsored track drive (technically that was with a GTS, but close enough). It will replace my Audi S6. My other (fun) car is a supercharged Lotus Elise--not practical for every day driving, and certainly not in the winter, but an incredible car to drive.
Old 09-23-2012, 12:03 AM
BuddyP
Track Day

My 2012 S is my first Porsche. I've owned Infinity, Acura and Mercedes and was not interested in Porsche before the Panamera. I fell in love when I saw my first one. Porsche's pricing practices were hard to swallow, but the car is flawless and everything I'd dreamed it would be. I would drive it around the world if I could!
Old 09-23-2012, 02:37 AM
dochusar
Advanced

I have driven many different cars in my life, but I always have had a sports car with a manual transmission, my last being my '09 997.2, but developed severe knee problems and could not sit comfortably in the 997.2, so I bought the Panamera as a sport car with enough space. I am impressed with the PDK, finish is immaculate, but lacking a true sports car feel. Test drove the 991 with PDK and the extra space in the front and fell in love. Got my sport car back and relegated the Panamera to a daily drive sedan.
Old 09-23-2012, 10:43 PM
mrm 930
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Traditional Porsche guy here. All 911s for me, except for the 2nd Cayenne for the wife. I drive a M5 as a daily. Test drove a Panamera GTS - and that was it! Selling my M5 next year and ordering a new GTS - drives like no other car - let alone a sedan. Sure, it is about 100HP less than my M5 - but the driving experience is amazing.

Mark
Old 09-24-2012, 08:00 AM
rwittick
5th Gear

The Pan4 is my second Porsche. I had an 88 911 coupe for five years, but it's been a long time since I owned that one. I traded in an M-B E350 4Matic, which I didn't like at all. I just love the Panamera.

Last edited by rwittick; 09-25-2012 at 07:40 AM. Reason: typo
Old 09-25-2012, 09:23 AM
MJBird993
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

My fourth Porsche; I am a traditional 911 guy with usually a BMW DD. Well, now BMW has lost their way, Mercedes AMG is nice but just doesn't do it for me, and Audi is just a tarted-up VW. The Pano S was the only car that made me smile after I test drove it.

My last 911 (996) was my DD for a while after I totaled my M5 and was waiting for another ordered car to be built and shipped over. I love the 911 but it's just too small and impractical for a DD.
Old 10-02-2012, 07:55 PM
shldrdoc993
Advanced

Default Pana gts

I have owned two cayenne turbos and most recently have a Cayenne S which my wife drives. She took over the cayennes when our Audi Q7 lease ran out few yrs back and while she loved that SUV, she'll never look back driving her CS. When this occurred I was driving a new suburban but also bought a 98 cab five yrs ago. As we have one and soon to be two kids driving, had to have a more practice porsche than a 911 so convinced my wife the pana GTS was the way to go. Recently sold my 911 and sad to see it go however my GTS is the most fun car I've had in long time. Comfortable,fast,spacious and did I say FAST. went black with GTS special seats with red stitching. Almost completely loaded minus bermenster and ceramic brakes. This car is worth every penny.
Old 10-06-2012, 03:18 AM
stevelms
AutoX

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My 2012 P-Turbo is my first Porsche. Audi guy previously. Came out of an RS4 which was also great. Have always wanted a Porsche - literally since having the poster on the wall when I was a kid. Finally pulled the trigger when my wife got exasperated with me talking about it over the years and told me to quite whining and go get one! I shuttle 3 kids to school from time to time which meant the 911 wasn't a great option. Was all over the Cayenne Turbo and test drove the Panamera 4S on a lark. Really liked it and didn't expect to. Curious I test drove the Turbo. Boom. That was it. I was hooked. Might have gone GTS were it available when I bought, but love the Turbo!

Am on the list at my dealer for the 991 Turbo which should come out about when my kid shuttling duties drop to 2 Time to finally own the poster car!
Old 10-06-2012, 04:35 AM
Randy V
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 97 Likes on 65 Posts

So why don't Pan owners acknowledge other 'traditional' Porsches on the road?

No sense of being part of the Porsche brotherhood?

I drive a 928 and am invisible to the 911 types.

Old 10-06-2012, 04:48 PM
kip1
Instructor

In Finland we have a tradition of waving to other Porsche drivers so I allways wave to other Porsche drivers, regardless of age/model and I received waves back in 100% of cases with my 997tt. Since I bought a ptt I have gotten 2 waves, one from a Cayenne driver(first ever Cayenne) and one from a Ferrari driver (which I didnt react fast enough to, so no wave back). So I think its the other way around, other Porsche drivers ignore pannys.
Old 10-12-2012, 02:48 PM
PCC
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ishur
First post and first Porsche, a 4S that is currently on the boat, to arrive some time next month. It will be my daily driver, I need a four door car, and up north where I live four wheel drive is a good thing to have. I was very impressed with a couple of test drives, and even more impressed with it on a brief Porsche-sponsored track drive (technically that was with a GTS, but close enough). It will replace my Audi S6. My other (fun) car is a supercharged Lotus Elise--not practical for every day driving, and certainly not in the winter, but an incredible car to drive.
I also drove a GTS at a Porsche sponsored track event. I was actually shocked at the performance and handling. My wife also drove the car and loved it. She will be replacing a Merc e320 with a 4S in the spring. I currently have a 2009 997.2 S Cab and a Jeep Wrangler I drive 3 miles a day to the train station (will not leave the Carrera there).
Old 10-12-2012, 06:42 PM
ishur
Track Day

Follow up--my car arrived and I picked it up on Tuesday. So far, I'm extremely pleased.
Old 10-13-2012, 09:56 PM
Randy V
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 97 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by ishur
Follow up--my car arrived and I picked it up on Tuesday. So far, I'm extremely pleased.
Start a new thread with pictures!

Quick Reply: Who are you?