Panamera 2010-Current

HELP: Please observe your oil temp gauge

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2012, 07:18 PM
kip1
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP: Please observe your oil temp gauge

Could all PTT owners and maybe also other V8 owners post if their oil temp gauge rises to a certain temp and stays there. I am pretty sure before the turbo recall my gauge was very stable, now it jumps between 80 and around 87-90 celsius, while the oil pressure gauge is almost less mobile. I am 100% sure they ****ed up something again, but after a week in the shop, they said that they found nothing wrong. All else seems to be working better now and my minimum fuel consumption seems to have dropped from 10 to 8.5 l/100km with the recall and the 0.1bar turbo pressure reading at idle is now 0, wierd.

Please help with observations as I am about to contact Stuttgart, because I am running out of patience. My next closest dealer is in Sweden...

Here is a video of how it works while the car is idleing.

http://s1049.photobucket.com/albums/...t=d09bad8e.mp4

Just want to be sure that this is not just something I didnt notice before.
Old 09-17-2012, 12:46 PM
MJBird993
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I have a mere V8 and no dedicated oil temp gauge. I do use the electronic gauge however, and have noticed (when I bother to look) that it does seem to vary up and down a degree (F) or two.
Old 09-18-2012, 08:53 AM
MJBird993
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by MJBird993
I have a mere V8 and no dedicated oil temp gauge.
Well obviously I am an idiot. I was looking at my (rock solid, unmoving) temperature gauge yesterday in traffic and noticed that I do, in fact, have a oil temp gauge just like the OP. It's usually blocked by my steering wheel, so I never really noticed it.

I'm going to guess that you've simply got a bad temperature sender, that's all. Nothing to fret over.
Old 09-20-2012, 03:37 PM
kip1
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MJBird993
Well obviously I am an idiot. I was looking at my (rock solid, unmoving) temperature gauge yesterday in traffic and noticed that I do, in fact, have a oil temp gauge just like the OP. It's usually blocked by my steering wheel, so I never really noticed it.

I'm going to guess that you've simply got a bad temperature sender, that's all. Nothing to fret over.
Thanks. My problem was that my dealer just changed a new oil pressure sensor and the temp gauge started doing this. Then my dealer said it is normal behavior, which I didnt believe, but wanted to be sure, which I am now.
Old 10-24-2012, 12:42 AM
supercup
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 80 Likes on 48 Posts

Hi Kip,

Late post on topic, hope you got it figured out. I have been watching mine for a few weeks. It warms up to 200 degrees F and stays there. In traffic if might edge up slightly, but moves back to 200 and stays there.

Quick Reply: HELP: Please observe your oil temp gauge