Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2012, 01:37 AM
JDS968
Bannana Shine
Rennlist Member

Received 334 Likes on 219 Posts
Default Panamera as a baby hauler?

Will It Baby: Porsche Panamera Turbo S

Any of you guys have baby seats in the back of your Panameras?
Old 09-06-2012, 06:40 PM
kip1
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a baby in the back, but disagree with the boot size comments. Our stroller doesnt fit, I have to take off the wheels, but it fits as it is in a audi a3!
Old 09-15-2012, 02:39 PM
disden
Drifting

Received 1,154 Likes on 469 Posts

I dont think the rear facing baby seats would be a good fit, however I havn't actually tried. My guess would be like any car where the rear facing baby seat is installed, the front seat would need to be pushed forward as far as possible. You lose the center seat option for the baby seat too with only 2 backseats to use for latch system in the Pan. As for my rear facing baby seat, it is in my SUV. However, the front facing seats for my oldest ones (3 and 5) are a great fit (boosters, non-latch -- finally). They love riding in the Panamera.
Old 09-15-2012, 04:16 PM
kip1
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The problem is the shape of the back seat, the seat cushion is tilted in a way that the rear facing baby is tilted towards the back seat, making a smaller room for the babys legs compared to a standard car. The same seat in our suv is tilted the opposite way actually. The right front passanger, however, benefits from this as there is a huge amount of room. Our older seat with a separate sled that the seat was glided into was in a better position as the ISOFIX hooks were longer. That left a lot less room for the one riding shotgun.

Quick Reply: Panamera as a baby hauler?