Sponsored by: Porsche San Diego

Panamera Facelift

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2012, 09:52 AM
keithos27
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Panamera Facelift

Does anyone know how the facelift gets rolled-out amongst the line-up? I'm thinking about buying either a Turbo S or GTS and was curious if the facelift would be applied to both at the same time, or would it roll-out in the same order the different variants are introduced?

If someone was in the market for a new Panamera today, but could wait up to a year, would you buy one now or wait for the facelift (again looking at a Turbo S or GTS)? Also taking into account build time. Or is the 2nd generation Panamera right around the corner?

Thanks,
Keith
Old 08-09-2012, 11:31 AM
redantporsche
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Keith - depends on how long you end up keeping the car. There is always a newer model just around the corner. In my opinion, if you are gonig to keep it <3 years, just get the car now. If 3+, wait for the new facelift version. The Turbo and the GTS have different front end as it is already, but the rear is supposed to change.
Old 08-09-2012, 11:49 AM
keithos27
Racer

Hi redantporsche, thanks for the reply. I plan on keeping the car for 10 years... I recognize they are out-dated within 3 years these days, but hence my question... seems like it'd be worth-while to wait for the facelift (obviously can't keep waiting for the latest generation to come out, otherwise I'll never buy the car, haha).

Do you know if the GTS and Turbo S would be facelifted at the same time?

I understand the GTS and Turbo S look different, but the Turbo S can be optioned to look like the GTS, correct?
Old 08-09-2012, 05:58 PM
kip1
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by keithos27
Hi redantporsche, thanks for the reply. I plan on keeping the car for 10 years... I recognize they are out-dated within 3 years these days, but hence my question... seems like it'd be worth-while to wait for the facelift (obviously can't keep waiting for the latest generation to come out, otherwise I'll never buy the car, haha).

Do you know if the GTS and Turbo S would be facelifted at the same time?

I understand the GTS and Turbo S look different, but the Turbo S can be optioned to look like the GTS, correct?
No one knows, but usually all are facelifted at the same time.
At the moment turbo and turbo s can be optioned to look the same, except for the exhaust, the ptts standard sports exhaust has a look different from all other models, its more plain and I like the optional pse look on other models more.
Old 08-09-2012, 06:30 PM
keithos27
Racer

Thanks for the info!
Old 08-10-2012, 03:11 AM
PV=nRT
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cool Next generation

I think the next gen Pan is due in 2015.

The GTS body can be optioned on the other Pan trims when ordered, at least that was the case in June 2012. I think the GTS exterior changes are the sport design front/ side in the Porsche configurator. The GTS package seemed to be the best value if you want the options it includes as standard. I loved the GTS set up, it definitely has added fun factor. But I ended up, for now, with the S hybrid. I plan to order a new Pan in about a year, most likely a GTS.

The few "spy pics" I've seen for the per-2015 facelift changes don't look like they are worth delaying ordering to get, they seem pretty minor. You'll love the car whichever way you go. I'm taking mine to the track this weekend for the first time. NO SPEED LIMITS- CAN'T WAIT

Quick Reply: Panamera Facelift