Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2012, 06:35 PM
SportsCommuter
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AC Thermostat Gremlins

Anybody have a similar experience?

I've got a 2010 P4S.

I was cruising down the highway during the recent heat wave in 108 degrees with the air conditioner set to 63 degrees. All it once the system stopped cooling. No unusual sounds, no warning lights. After stopping at the supermarket, I restarted the engine and everything worked fine. No recurrences.

I took it to the dealer, they ran diagnostics, and found nothing.
Old 07-16-2012, 10:28 AM
NelsonF
Pro

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by SportsCommuter
Anybody have a similar experience?

I've got a 2010 P4S.

I was cruising down the highway during the recent heat wave in 108 degrees with the air conditioner set to 63 degrees. All it once the system stopped cooling. No unusual sounds, no warning lights. After stopping at the supermarket, I restarted the engine and everything worked fine. No recurrences.

I took it to the dealer, they ran diagnostics, and found nothing.
Yes, same thing happened on my PT recently after a long day on curvy high desert roads with 90-100degree heat. I will have it checked but imagine a/c unit became overstressed. It came back on line after shutting down the ac for a while and running with widows open. This shouldn't happen, car has less than 3kmiles and not pushing it that hard. Thermostat or weak a/c unit?

Last edited by NelsonF; 07-16-2012 at 04:21 PM.
Old 07-24-2012, 08:09 AM
kip1
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have you had the a/c drainage recall done? There is a problem with condensation buildup in the Panamera due to somekind of clottage, might this be the cause for it to shut off?
Old 07-24-2012, 08:03 PM
NelsonF
Pro

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by kip1
Have you had the a/c drainage recall done? There is a problem with condensation buildup in the Panamera due to somekind of clottage, might this be the cause for it to shut off?
The dealer said there was no TSB on this issue for my car. They said it was an automatic safety function that likely happened when the unit was operating under overheated conditions. Since I was travelling fast on a hot day in hilly winding roads, it makes sense. I'll check on the drainage issue if the problem arises again. It's back in the shop now for rear spoiler malfunction. It's not the most trouble-free Porsche I've owned for sure.

Quick Reply: AC Thermostat Gremlins