Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche San Diego

People suck! (some people, at least)

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2012, 10:34 AM
robhamster
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts
Default People suck! (some people, at least)

So I have been a Pcar owner for 30 years of one kind or another and I have run into the comments about porcupines and whatnot. But I never had a real, tangible problem. My recent purchase of a 2012 Panamera 4S was something I had looked forward to and I love the car. I have driven it not many places in the 6 weeks I have had it, but somewhere in the last week, some hater POS decided that they needed to key both front fenders while the car sat in a parking lot. The keymarks are 10 inches long on either side. One scratch wasnt enough. The estimate for repair is $2100 to undo this.

I will get this car repaired but will be less inclined to drive it when parking in public is involved, which really pisses me off.
Old 03-24-2012, 01:16 PM
Rinty
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sorry to hear this, Rob.

There's something about German cars that drives some folks crazy....
Old 03-24-2012, 04:20 PM
Eric - Plug Guy
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 194 Likes on 108 Posts

Sucks. Sorry to hear.

If you know your whereabouts during that time, see of any of the places you parked have surveillance cams.

2022 GT3 Touring
2009 997 Turbo Cab
2018 M2 6sp

Gone but not forgotten
2004 C4S Cabriolet
1999 C2 Cab

Old 03-24-2012, 08:56 PM
pmichaelis
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's a symptom of the entitlement generation; if I can't have something nice, neither can you. Years ago I purchased a new BMW M635, it was prep'd and waiting for me in the dealer's lot. By the time I got there some SOB had come along and keyed the driver's door......I hadn't even had a chance to drive it. You have my sympathy.
Old 03-24-2012, 09:23 PM
dntlvet
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Amazing what would motivate someone to do something like this.
Jealosy, Challenge, stupidity, hater, moron ........ huh; so sorry
Old 03-25-2012, 12:35 AM
Budget M3
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My sympathy as well. Just be thankful it was only cosmetic damage and no one was hurt. Some in the "entitlement generation" would be just as likely to attack you or your family personally instead of just your car...and that would really suck!
Old 03-25-2012, 11:53 AM
AndrewP
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Please accept my sympathy as well. Sadly, I have to agree with the entitlement comments above. We work hard and express our interest in automobiles by owning a Porsche or other fine automobile only to get door dinged, keyed or in on instance tires slashed in my parking garage. There is something terribly wrong happening in our country when mutual respect is so badly eroded. One instance I witnessed last week was a state trooper in an unmarked Chevy Malibu with very dark windows (not in compliance with state law, which is a dead giveaway that it was an unmarked police vehicle) harassing the driver of a Speed Yellow Porsche for no apparent reason, as I was behind both when this occurred.
Old 03-26-2012, 09:50 AM
umwolverine
Racer

Received 128 Likes on 65 Posts

That really does suck - my sympathies. There are some good people out there though. I remember when I first had my E60 M5 - one of the first in Ohio. A guy complimented me on it, and said:

'That is one beautiful car. I'm sure you worked very hard for it'.

Some people get it. Sorry you ran into the opposite.
Old 03-27-2012, 12:28 PM
awryexperiment
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I get all fired-up when I hear about this type of jacka$$ behavior. Then I calm down and realize that they will live with their self-loathing for a lot longer than you will have to live with scratched paint.

The sad thing about it all is that people who behave like this are angry/upset/disappointed with themselves and just spread thier negativity. That person walked away feeling good for a moment or two and then went right back to the personal hell they created in their own mind.
Old 03-28-2012, 04:59 PM
cole328
Three Wheelin'

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by awryexperiment
I get all fired-up when I hear about this type of jacka$$ behavior. Then I calm down and realize that they will live with their self-loathing for a lot longer than you will have to live with scratched paint.

The sad thing about it all is that people who behave like this are angry/upset/disappointed with themselves and just spread thier negativity. That person walked away feeling good for a moment or two and then went right back to the personal hell they created in their own mind.
And likely had to live the rest of their lives knowing that they had a very small Pe_is!
Old 05-09-2012, 04:13 AM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 235 Likes on 128 Posts

These people are mentally disturbed. Sadly, there is a percentage of such people in all societies, and the raw numbers are going up.

The same thing happened to me within 2 days of picking up my car in Zuffenhausen back in 2006. In 1977 I had all 4 tires slashed (also in Germany) on my new 911S. It happens even more in the UK, where those who have less think that they can vandalize the other guy and then they will feel so much better.

Always remember that these cars can be beautifully restored because there are many outstanding paint shops out there. Try not to even think about these disturbed people because then they will have won.
Old 05-09-2012, 10:35 AM
curt_928
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Amazing. This country truly is in tough times when people loose the belief that they can work to achieve what they want. I know that jobs are hard to come by. But a person that would rather destroy what you have worked for instead of building it themselves is truly a sad soul. If they threaten you.. respond accordingly.
Old 05-14-2012, 08:55 PM
Amber Gramps
Addict

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I'd just avoid parking it in Colorado all together.
Old 05-15-2012, 01:06 PM
Targa Tim
Rennlist Member

Received 80 Likes on 31 Posts

Sorry Rob. The repair cost seems high!
Old 05-15-2012, 05:12 PM
ECS Tuning
Former Vendor

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I will never understand anyone who thinks it is okay for them to ruin someone elses property.

Quick Reply: People suck! (some people, at least)