Should I do this... ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2012, 07:54 PM
jasonrhcastle
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Should I do this... ?

Hey guys. Got a dilema.

Last year, when my 2011 CTT was in for service I got a Panamera V6 as a loaner. Loved the car. Thought it was very, very agile and quick (even without suspension/performance goodies). Ended up getting a 2012 CTT to replace my 2011 despite having an urge for the Panamera.

Last week, CTT 2012 in for service and rear camera fix. Had another Panamera V6 loaner. Again, loved it. Got my CTT back, and even though I love it, I feel a longing.

Now, I had an E60 530i Msport and then E60 M5. Loved the M5 and performance sedans. I traded my M5 for a X5M when my 2nd child was born in 2009. I have regretted that trade ever since.

I have convinced myself I need a SUV. The truth is that I do not haul anything. I do drive my kids around on occasion, but for longer trips we take my wife's car (2011 R350 MB). We may go a couple hours away in the CTT, but nothing extended.

I have the opportunity to get a 2012/13 Panamera GTS.

Looking at trading the CTT. Thinking of the following configurations:

Basalt Black or Platinum Silver

Cognac/Cedar full leathr or Black leather/alcantara

PTV

PDCC

PCCB

Wing mirror painted (if silver)

Voice control

Burmester

Sat

RSE

Turbo II wheels (with second set for winter weather)

Leather extended interior (if Black leather/alcantara)

Crests front/rear (if Cognac/Cedar)

Heated seats F/R

Ventilated seats (if Cognac/Cedar)

Thermal Glass

Park assist F/R, with camera

Retractable cargo cover

Four Zone climate

14 way seats (if Cognac/Cedar)

LCA

Entry Drive

My other car is a 2012 Ferrari California. So, part of me says keep the CTT. I have the sports car. But I absolutely love a performance sedan. Will probably cost me 15k to get out of my CTT and into the Panamera GTS. I almost own the CTT, but this would figure as my loss compared to time owned (7 months).

Opinions? Anyone else make the Cayenne to Panamera conversion?

J
Old 02-26-2012, 06:09 AM
dochusar
Advanced

I have both. If you don't need the SUV, there is nothing like driving the Panamera. I'd say go for it without reservation, the GTS is really sweet.
Old 02-26-2012, 08:55 AM
jasonrhcastle
Intermediate

Yeah. I am really tempted. The V6 loaner I was given both times, both without PDCC or PTV, was just simply amazing. Very inspired by the performance. Couldn't imagine how it drives with the PASM, PDCC, PTV, lower ride with Sport Chrono and 130hp more.

Gonna have to really think about this... My wife will murder me...

J
Old 02-26-2012, 01:22 PM
Targa Tim
Rennlist Member

Received 80 Likes on 31 Posts

I got both too.

Agree with the pleasure of sporty driving in a Panamera, but hard to beat the utility of a Cayenne. Tough decision Jason.
Old 02-28-2012, 10:56 PM
Overdraft
Rennlist Member

Received 390 Likes on 213 Posts

Last year, I test drove a Panamera Turbo for half a day - then Cayenne Turbo half a day...in the end I chose the Cayenne. I also have a 997.2 TT with PDK which fills my sport car need. Just two weeks ago, I had the Cayenne in for service and ended up with a Panamera 4 for a couple of days and although I quite liked it - it reaffirmed by satisfaction with my CTT. To be fair to the P4, my CTT is fully loaded against a sparsely equipped P4 but the CTT seats, driving position, styling...is altogether pretty sweet. I have a really nice F150 for the utility in my life and thought about trading my CTT for a PTT given I have a nice truck...but man I just love that Cayenne.
Old 02-28-2012, 11:53 PM
Targa Tim
Rennlist Member

Received 80 Likes on 31 Posts

^Hey Overdraft,

I need to see some pics of your horizon blue 993TT badly!
Old 02-29-2012, 08:08 AM
jasonrhcastle
Intermediate

Yeah. I keep going back and forth on this. I love the Panamera, but I wonder if I wouldn't miss the CTT. I don't think I would need the "utility" of the CTT, but I wonder about carrying my road bikes back and forth. I can easily put the seats down in the Cayenne and place my Cannondale in, but am not sure about with the GTS.

However, I think the Panamera could be a good driver. I am getting 9k off the GTS sticker, and hopefully could sell my CTT for at worst a break even point.

J
Old 02-29-2012, 09:52 PM
Overdraft
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Targa Tim
^Hey Overdraft,

Hey Tim - it got lowered today (M030) - allignment tomorrow...then wait for a nice day to wheel it back to my place. Will hopefully take a snap shot of it this coming weekend and post for the guys.
Old 03-01-2012, 07:23 PM
shldrdoc993
Advanced

Default panny gts

I have had two ctt but this past year bought a cayenne S but with every possible option just about minus the turbo engine. I absolutely love the Norma aspirated v8 and I got the sport exhaust which sounds the *****. I am selling my 98 993 cab and have ordered a GTS black with all the bells and whistle s. I too have driven my loaner pana and loved. It. Don't want to get rid of my 993 but pana more practical now in life. Love the Ferrari though. Have you seen new 599 replacement. Amazing.
Old 03-03-2012, 07:48 PM
Cpa4S
Three Wheelin'

i was thinking the same thing - swap the GTS & turbo into a Pano GTS - $40k of options so really customized.

regarding the back - i think the pano may have more room - if you get the ski bag option, the rear seats are in 3 pieces so multiple fast options to fold down.

still love my sticked GTS and worry about real winter driving with the pano
Old 03-03-2012, 07:51 PM
Cpa4S
Three Wheelin'

Overdraft - can't remember if i have said this but i like your car collection.

assuming i don't swap, there is an amazing 964 C2 in my town that may be hitting the market; it might be nice to add an air cooled to the portfolio.
Old 03-04-2012, 12:03 AM
roberga
Nordschleife Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

IF you do not need the extra room of the SUV, the Pano is very nice. I had the 4S and loved it. The challenge I had is two dogs, grandkids and a boat to tow. So I got the CTT. If I could own 3 Porsches at the same time the pano would be one.
Old 03-18-2012, 10:27 AM
Overdraft
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Targa Tim
^Hey Overdraft,

Here Tim...apologies to OP - just showing Tim the ride...(new 3 piece wheels coming in two weeks).....
Attached Images   
Old 03-19-2012, 12:27 AM
jasonrhcastle
Intermediate

No worries guys. Thanks for the opinions.

Keep me coming.

Nice pics BTW...

Quick Reply: Should I do this... ?