Panamera 2010-Current

Screws on inside of Panamera Spoiler

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2012, 06:04 PM
calexand
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Screws on inside of Panamera Spoiler

Has anyone ever found a good solution for covering the screws on the inside of the Panamera (non-turbo) spoiler? I see them in my rear view mirror, and it looks very unfinished and unrefined, in contrast to the rest of the car. Worse, I would like to leave the spoiler up since I think it improves the lines of the car, but with those screws and holes around them showing, it really doesn't look good. I am thinking about getting a rubber strip to cover them, but wanted to see if anyone else had found anything better first. Thanks!
Old 02-13-2012, 08:37 PM
pmichaelis
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You could aim the mirror above the spoiler since it obscures the lower part of the rear vision anyway.
Old 02-21-2012, 02:36 PM
calexand
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

At the suggestion of j080808 on 6speedonline, I used some black plastic tape (electrical tape in fact) to great results. See picture. It took just a few minutes. Of course, over time I may need to do the tape again, and it may leave a sticky residue under the tape which I would have to remove if I chose to take the tape off later. But I don't consider either to be a big issue, and it looks much better to me now. Wanted to pass this on.

Chip
Attached Images  
Old 02-21-2012, 05:36 PM
Ronniewales
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

But the spoiler don't come up until you are doing 60mph and then u don't have time to look for the screws in the back spoiler at that speed..... I have tried to look for mine but with a black interior i don't think the reflection highlights them so much as i see u have a light interior.

Quick Reply: Screws on inside of Panamera Spoiler