Notices
Panamera 2010-Current

Panamera V6 with sports chrono plus?

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2012, 08:10 PM
mile2424
Rennlist Member

Received 158 Likes on 55 Posts
Default Panamera V6 with sports chrono plus?

Anyone have or driven a V6 with the sports chrono plus? I would think this would make the V6 pretty fun and a little more sporty or peppy off the line?
Old 02-05-2012, 11:34 AM
KG6QHD
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a Panamera 4 with the Sport Chrono Plus option. It does spice things up quite a bit. The shifts become more crisp, and it will hold the gears a lot longer than just the regular sport mode. The programming is definately tailored to hold you righ in your powerband. As such it isn't all that good around town, unless your like running around a 3000-4000 RPM's all the time. ;-) Throttle response is much better too. If you have air suspension the car will also drop almost an inch when Sport Chrono Plus is selected, of course the PASM system will firm up the shocks as well. I have PDCC too -- which seems to become even more reactive in the Sport and Sport Plus modes -- but that could also just be a function of the firmer shock settings and lower stance in Sport Plus. I do tend to use Sport or Sport Plus when I want to jump off the line better. Sport Plus will allow you to use the Launch Mode too, but I've not tried it on this particular car yet.
Old 02-06-2012, 03:58 PM
drjsuh
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a v6 with sport chrono plus too. It definitely helps some by holding gears a lot longer and staying in lower gears at freeway speeds, etc. I tend to just use manual mode with the steering wheel shifters though so I can shift when I want to. I haven't tried the launch control feature, but would expect that it really helps off the line (although taking time to set it up may defeat the purpose of a quick start).

Quick Reply: Panamera V6 with sports chrono plus?