Panamera 2010-Current

New Pan 4S questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2012, 09:39 PM
harlandoc
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Default New Pan 4S questions

I just picked up my 2012 Pan 4S and I have a couple questions. I've set my key and seats, etc. but no matter what I do, the radio is always on when I start the car. I've turned the radio off and reset my settings, but it's always on when I come back and start the car. Also, sometimes when I turn the car off and get out, I hear a mechanical sound for a few seconds. It sounds as if something is retracting or going back in place, but i can't figure out what it is. It doesn't happen all the time. Thanks for the help.
Old 01-26-2012, 02:41 PM
743CO
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good Luck

My radio is always ON also upon start-up. You will get used to it. Neither my dealer or PCNA would address the problem. All I got from PCNA was thank you for your input stating your Panamera is properly designed; basically saying F*** Y** for asking.

Cheers, JohnnyB
Old 01-26-2012, 04:22 PM
Randy V
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 92 Likes on 62 Posts

No help with your issues, other than asking the dealer to check for a software mod, but welcome to Rennlist and Pan ownership.

Post some pics!
Old 01-26-2012, 11:35 PM
calexand
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I set my Audio source to Aux, which means even though it comes on when the car starts, it does so silently unless I have something plugged into it and playing. You might try that.

I hear the sounds too. I have air suspension, and think the car is just settling to a rest point with the air pressure let out.

Chip
Old 01-27-2012, 09:26 PM
toejam357
Track Day

the PCM in the Panamera is a poorly executed. i have the Entry Drive feature and the seat/ PCM settings are almost never right; as if the car has gremlins. Of course,the dealer says its normal and other porsche-philes think i'm weird for expecting it to function logically. i gave up on it and just accept its quirkiness.
Old 01-28-2012, 01:03 AM
pmichaelis
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by toejam357
the PCM in the Panamera is a poorly executed. i have the Entry Drive feature and the seat/ PCM settings are almost never right; as if the car has gremlins. Of course,the dealer says its normal and other porsche-philes think i'm weird for expecting it to function logically. i gave up on it and just accept its quirkiness.
Either it a quirk unique to your car or your entry drive feature has some flawed signals. My 2010 4S has never given me any issues. It could be possible that your battery voltage is low and causing some programming quirkiness.
Old 01-28-2012, 05:13 AM
Rennteam
Advanced

Originally Posted by toejam357
I may be wrong but there have been various software updates to address similar issues, so maybe you want to talk to your dealer about updating your car with the latest available software ?!

Quick Reply: New Pan 4S questions