Notices
Panamera 2010-Current
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche San Diego

don't buy/ lease a Panamera until you read this!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2012, 04:05 PM
Tacet-Conundrum
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by abiazis
Buy a M5
I would buy the last generation M5 because of the V10. Thus applying cold hard logic I would not buy the newer version with the V8 Turbo. I've driven it and its a hoot but I like the sound of the 10 Cylinder and the connection to the F1 technology.
Old 02-06-2012, 01:44 AM
Chumpster
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree with almost all of the weaknesses pointed out in the initial post. I have read the manual carefully several times, and keep a copy handy on my iPad. And I don't think that these features such as rear hatch closure are safety issues. The hatch stops itself when it meets resistance. The steering wheel is loaded with complexity, but frankly with the wrong stuff. I too wish we could each decide what the default settings are for drive mode, ride height, sport exhaust and so forth. There are no driver surprises if it's always the same default mode. I have a fully loaded Pan Turbo. It does burn a surprising amount of oil; I did adhere to break in period. And it does lag momentarily vs. some other sport cars. Taking out the rear sunscreen bar is a nightmare. The dealer rep scratched up my leather trying to get it out. The GPS is primitive, and the voice control is almost useless. My software is up to date but the XM station still isn't on the drivers multi-display. Its a constant pain to crawl back in to hit the unlock button before opening the rear door, which as far as I can tell is not "settings" fix unless your learn to hit the unlock button every time you get out. On balance I personally would have liked standard left/right paddles, a softer suspension in comfort mode, and a louder sport exhaust. It's a supercar, I love it, but they let us down with a very average package of interior electronics.
Old 02-06-2012, 09:12 PM
pmichaelis
Instructor

I don't understand your problem with the unlock function, my car unlocks all the doors if I press the open button on the "key" twice. And, this unlock function for all doors can be programmed into the car's system so when unlocked all are unlocked. The XM stations are on my multidisplay.
Old 02-14-2012, 01:15 PM
blk on blk
Three Wheelin'

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Still want. how about you sell me your?
Old 02-14-2012, 02:01 PM
ricster
Banned

very WEAK arguements and post.
Old 02-14-2012, 09:24 PM
pmichaelis
Instructor

Have you found the "perfect" car? I've bought and owned well over 40 new cars and am yet to find one i couldn't nitpick. Please let me know if and when you find one as I'd like to try that brand/model.
Old 02-22-2012, 11:40 PM
toejam357
Track Day

Originally Posted by Chumpster
I agree with almost all of the weaknesses pointed out in the initial post. I have read the manual carefully several times, and keep a copy handy on my iPad. And I don't think that these features such as rear hatch closure are safety issues. The hatch stops itself when it meets resistance. The steering wheel is loaded with complexity, but frankly with the wrong stuff. I too wish we could each decide what the default settings are for drive mode, ride height, sport exhaust and so forth. There are no driver surprises if it's always the same default mode. I have a fully loaded Pan Turbo. It does burn a surprising amount of oil; I did adhere to break in period. And it does lag momentarily vs. some other sport cars. Taking out the rear sunscreen bar is a nightmare. The dealer rep scratched up my leather trying to get it out. The GPS is primitive, and the voice control is almost useless. My software is up to date but the XM station still isn't on the drivers multi-display. Its a constant pain to crawl back in to hit the unlock button before opening the rear door, which as far as I can tell is not "settings" fix unless your learn to hit the unlock button every time you get out. On balance I personally would have liked standard left/right paddles, a softer suspension in comfort mode, and a louder sport exhaust. It's a supercar, I love it, but they let us down with a very average package of interior electronics.
here, here - totally agree with you and i think you said it better than i did!
Old 02-22-2012, 11:42 PM
toejam357
Track Day

Originally Posted by pmichaelis
Have you found the "perfect" car? I've bought and owned well over 40 new cars and am yet to find one i couldn't nitpick. Please let me know if and when you find one as I'd like to try that brand/model.
for me, i'll only buy 911s and boxsters when it comes to porsches; the MB S-class/CL-class is my all-time favorite european car. "you can pay more, but you won't get more".
Old 02-23-2012, 02:21 PM
porshanut
Instructor

Received 67 Likes on 31 Posts

You make good points. I had a Panamera S for one year and loved the way it drove, but I still missed the 911, so I traded back for an '11 Carrera S. There are two big issues for me with the Panamera. No spare tire, which is huge for a 4 door touring sedan. Plus there is a blind spot when looking rear to the left when changing lanes. Our Mercedes has "lane change assist" which would be a must on my next Panamera, if they get a spare tire option.
Old 02-23-2012, 09:42 PM
TGED
Instructor

Blind spot assist is now available on 2012 Pans.
Old 02-23-2012, 10:02 PM
pmichaelis
Instructor

I've owned three 911s before the P4S as well as a BMW 635M, a 944 and an Alfa Romeo spider, all were fine in their time but, I'll take the P4S. I don't have to tart up cars, act like a boy racer or smoke a track any longer. Being able to go as rapidly as conditions allow is fun enough.
Old 02-23-2012, 10:50 PM
BuddyP
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TGED
Blind spot assist is now available on 2012 Pans.
I have the blind spot assist on my 2012 S and I absolutely love it. The blind spot is nasty without the assist.
Old 02-24-2012, 01:29 AM
TGED
Instructor

I wonder if the blind spot assist can be retro fitted on my 2011 P4.
Old 02-24-2012, 09:48 PM
BuddyP
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ask your dealer. If they can do it I would seriously consider getting it done.
Old 02-25-2012, 12:32 PM
supercup
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 49 Posts

I have checked this out as I was looking at a used PTT. checked with the dealer and they said it could "not" be retrofitted.

My wife's new Sequioia has this and she loves it and insisted I get it on my next car, which will be a PTT, so I am getting a new one.

Quick Reply: don't buy/ lease a Panamera until you read this!!