Notices

don't buy/ lease a Panamera until you read this!!

 
Old 02-04-2012, 04:05 PM
  #31  
Tacet-Conundrum
Super User
 
Tacet-Conundrum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Belmont Shore in Long Beach CA
Posts: 2,740
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by abiazis View Post
Buy a M5
I would buy the last generation M5 because of the V10. Thus applying cold hard logic I would not buy the newer version with the V8 Turbo. I've driven it and its a hoot but I like the sound of the 10 Cylinder and the connection to the F1 technology.
Tacet-Conundrum is offline  
Old 02-06-2012, 01:44 AM
  #32  
Chumpster
User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: New York City
Posts: 15
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

I agree with almost all of the weaknesses pointed out in the initial post. I have read the manual carefully several times, and keep a copy handy on my iPad. And I don't think that these features such as rear hatch closure are safety issues. The hatch stops itself when it meets resistance. The steering wheel is loaded with complexity, but frankly with the wrong stuff. I too wish we could each decide what the default settings are for drive mode, ride height, sport exhaust and so forth. There are no driver surprises if it's always the same default mode. I have a fully loaded Pan Turbo. It does burn a surprising amount of oil; I did adhere to break in period. And it does lag momentarily vs. some other sport cars. Taking out the rear sunscreen bar is a nightmare. The dealer rep scratched up my leather trying to get it out. The GPS is primitive, and the voice control is almost useless. My software is up to date but the XM station still isn't on the drivers multi-display. Its a constant pain to crawl back in to hit the unlock button before opening the rear door, which as far as I can tell is not "settings" fix unless your learn to hit the unlock button every time you get out. On balance I personally would have liked standard left/right paddles, a softer suspension in comfort mode, and a louder sport exhaust. It's a supercar, I love it, but they let us down with a very average package of interior electronics.
Chumpster is offline  
Old 02-06-2012, 09:12 PM
  #33  
pmichaelis
User
 
pmichaelis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 209
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default

I don't understand your problem with the unlock function, my car unlocks all the doors if I press the open button on the "key" twice. And, this unlock function for all doors can be programmed into the car's system so when unlocked all are unlocked. The XM stations are on my multidisplay.
pmichaelis is offline  
Old 02-14-2012, 01:15 PM
  #34  
blk on blk
User
 
blk on blk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Houston, TEXAS!
Posts: 1,487
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Still want. how about you sell me your?
blk on blk is offline  
Old 02-14-2012, 02:01 PM
  #35  
ricster
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 977
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

very WEAK arguements and post.
ricster is offline  
Old 02-14-2012, 09:24 PM
  #36  
pmichaelis
User
 
pmichaelis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 209
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default

Have you found the "perfect" car? I've bought and owned well over 40 new cars and am yet to find one i couldn't nitpick. Please let me know if and when you find one as I'd like to try that brand/model.
pmichaelis is offline  
Old 02-22-2012, 11:40 PM
  #37  
toejam357
User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 21
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Chumpster View Post
I agree with almost all of the weaknesses pointed out in the initial post. I have read the manual carefully several times, and keep a copy handy on my iPad. And I don't think that these features such as rear hatch closure are safety issues. The hatch stops itself when it meets resistance. The steering wheel is loaded with complexity, but frankly with the wrong stuff. I too wish we could each decide what the default settings are for drive mode, ride height, sport exhaust and so forth. There are no driver surprises if it's always the same default mode. I have a fully loaded Pan Turbo. It does burn a surprising amount of oil; I did adhere to break in period. And it does lag momentarily vs. some other sport cars. Taking out the rear sunscreen bar is a nightmare. The dealer rep scratched up my leather trying to get it out. The GPS is primitive, and the voice control is almost useless. My software is up to date but the XM station still isn't on the drivers multi-display. Its a constant pain to crawl back in to hit the unlock button before opening the rear door, which as far as I can tell is not "settings" fix unless your learn to hit the unlock button every time you get out. On balance I personally would have liked standard left/right paddles, a softer suspension in comfort mode, and a louder sport exhaust. It's a supercar, I love it, but they let us down with a very average package of interior electronics.
here, here - totally agree with you and i think you said it better than i did!
toejam357 is offline  
Old 02-22-2012, 11:42 PM
  #38  
toejam357
User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 21
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by pmichaelis View Post
Have you found the "perfect" car? I've bought and owned well over 40 new cars and am yet to find one i couldn't nitpick. Please let me know if and when you find one as I'd like to try that brand/model.
for me, i'll only buy 911s and boxsters when it comes to porsches; the MB S-class/CL-class is my all-time favorite european car. "you can pay more, but you won't get more".
toejam357 is offline  
Old 02-23-2012, 02:21 PM
  #39  
porshanut
User
 
porshanut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 81
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

You make good points. I had a Panamera S for one year and loved the way it drove, but I still missed the 911, so I traded back for an '11 Carrera S. There are two big issues for me with the Panamera. No spare tire, which is huge for a 4 door touring sedan. Plus there is a blind spot when looking rear to the left when changing lanes. Our Mercedes has "lane change assist" which would be a must on my next Panamera, if they get a spare tire option.
porshanut is offline  
Old 02-23-2012, 09:42 PM
  #40  
TGED
User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 208
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Blind spot assist is now available on 2012 Pans.
TGED is offline  
Old 02-23-2012, 10:02 PM
  #41  
pmichaelis
User
 
pmichaelis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 209
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default

I've owned three 911s before the P4S as well as a BMW 635M, a 944 and an Alfa Romeo spider, all were fine in their time but, I'll take the P4S. I don't have to tart up cars, act like a boy racer or smoke a track any longer. Being able to go as rapidly as conditions allow is fun enough.
pmichaelis is offline  
Old 02-23-2012, 10:50 PM
  #42  
BuddyP
User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 16
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by TGED View Post
Blind spot assist is now available on 2012 Pans.
I have the blind spot assist on my 2012 S and I absolutely love it. The blind spot is nasty without the assist.
BuddyP is offline  
Old 02-24-2012, 01:29 AM
  #43  
TGED
User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 208
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

I wonder if the blind spot assist can be retro fitted on my 2011 P4.
TGED is offline  
Old 02-24-2012, 09:48 PM
  #44  
BuddyP
User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 16
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by TGED View Post
I wonder if the blind spot assist can be retro fitted on my 2011 P4.
Ask your dealer. If they can do it I would seriously consider getting it done.
BuddyP is offline  
Old 02-25-2012, 12:32 PM
  #45  
supercup
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
supercup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: S. California
Posts: 1,765
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by TGED View Post
I wonder if the blind spot assist can be retro fitted on my 2011 P4.
I have checked this out as I was looking at a used PTT. checked with the dealer and they said it could "not" be retrofitted.

My wife's new Sequioia has this and she loves it and insisted I get it on my next car, which will be a PTT, so I am getting a new one.
supercup is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: don't buy/ lease a Panamera until you read this!!


Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: