Panamera price

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2011 | 03:57 PM
Vhl71
Cruisin'

Default Panamera price

I'm from Canada
What should I expect for payment on a 2011 panamera 4 with 15000kms on it
The lease rate according to dealer is 7.9% which is ridculous. Does this sound right?
Dealer is giving only about 15% off msrp. About 85K .

Even with 50% residual, the payment will be too high for a lease
What do u guys think?
Old 11-21-2011 | 07:50 PM
DG_Hennessy
Intermediate

15% off MSRP is at cost, that is a fantastic price. The 7.9% from Porsche is accurate. You are getting a great deal. If you like the car you should move on it. Consider a purchase, sometimes the purchase payment can be less than the lease payment on only a 5 year term.
Old 11-21-2011 | 10:22 PM
calexand
Track Day

I think MSRP is about 11% over cost, so 15% is actually below cost. They must really want to clear the 2011s.
Old 11-21-2011 | 11:22 PM
BuddyP
Track Day

I picked up my Pana S last week and got 3.95% from US Bank for a 60 month loan on a purchase. The dealer arranged it and told me that Porsche credit rates were way too high. That quote for a lease does seem ridiculous to me.

Are you sure you want to lease? In most cases buying is a better deal, and you don't have to watch the odometer.
Old 11-22-2011 | 01:20 AM
Vhl71
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by DG_Hennessy
15% off MSRP is at cost, that is a fantastic price. The 7.9% from Porsche is accurate. You are getting a great deal. If you like the car you should move on it. Consider a purchase, sometimes the purchase payment can be less than the lease payment on only a 5 year term.
Thanks. This car is a used car with 15000kms on it. Is this stilla good deal?
Old 11-22-2011 | 11:42 AM
saeyedoc
Pro

7.9% if high, probably because you're trying to lease a used car, the rates aren't subsidized by the manufacturer. I leased my Cayman in July, the rate was 3.3%, the buy rate was 2.8%, so the dealer made some money on the financing. The most it could be marked up at the time was to 3.8%, but that rate was for sports cars.
Old 11-22-2011 | 12:06 PM
DG_Hennessy
Intermediate

The rates are higher on the 4 door Porsche cars now. The 7.9% is about right. Perhaps you could save
half a point of you made it clear you will buy it if they do that for you, but you are getting a fair deal. As I mentioned though, look at the purchase option also. It can make more sense than leasing especially on the 4 door cars right now.
Old 11-22-2011 | 12:56 PM
Vhl71
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by DG_Hennessy
The rates are higher on the 4 door Porsche cars now. The 7.9% is about right. Perhaps you could save
half a point of you made it clear you will buy it if they do that for you, but you are getting a fair deal. As I mentioned though, look at the purchase option also. It can make more sense than leasing especially on the 4 door cars right now.
I did look at the purchase option. with 5.9% interest rate, the payments are quite high even for 60 months. The lease payments are lower because of the high residual - almost 60% on a 3 year lease. That's why I'm tempted to lease.

Oddly enough, my other option is the BMW 550 x drive - similar payments. but brand new. Plus I already have a cayenne - so one more reason to get something other than a porsche..Still deliberating..
Old 11-22-2011 | 02:26 PM
Pete C
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Vhl71
I did look at the purchase option. with 5.9% interest rate, the payments are quite high even for 60 months. The lease payments are lower because of the high residual - almost 60% on a 3 year lease. That's why I'm tempted to lease.

Oddly enough, my other option is the BMW 550 x drive - similar payments. but brand new. Plus I already have a cayenne - so one more reason to get something other than a porsche..Still deliberating..

Just purchased my Panamera two weeks ago and got 3.99% with bank of America. Just refi'd an existing loan with BOA for my wifes MB and got 2.59 for 60mo. I'm now trying to refi the Panny.

Quick Reply: Panamera price