Notices
Panamera 2010-Current
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche San Diego

what to look for when buying a Panamera TT?

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2011, 05:42 PM
Parnelli
Three Wheelin'

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Default what to look for when buying a Panamera TT?

Guys and Gals-

I own a 993 TT and know 911 Porsches quite well. I do NOT know much about the Pananera, though. My neighbor wants to buy a used Pan Turbo and asked me (as a avid P fan) to look into it. What is the stock wheel size and what is the upgrade size (I assume 19 and 20") Other thoughts on this car would be appreciated.
Old 06-08-2011, 07:24 PM
Parnelli
Three Wheelin'

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Talking

any thoughts ??
Old 06-09-2011, 09:23 PM
pmichaelis
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Wheel sizes

Originally Posted by Parnelli
Guys and Gals-

I own a 993 TT and know 911 Porsches quite well. I do NOT know much about the Pananera, though. My neighbor wants to buy a used Pan Turbo and asked me (as a avid P fan) to look into it. What is the stock wheel size and what is the upgrade size (I assume 19 and 20") Other thoughts on this car would be appreciated.
I have 19" on my Panamera (4S) and feel strongly that it's the largest PRACTICAL size. When you go to 20 or even 22" wheels there are almost no sidewalls and depending on local road conditions the ride and survivability of these expensive wheels are questionable. If your forte is appearance, which seems to be prevalent these days, I'd say go for it but buy wheel insurance.

Quick Reply: what to look for when buying a Panamera TT?