Notices
Panamera 2010-Current
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche San Diego

911 Owner Thinking of Converting - Any regrets?

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2011, 03:25 AM
niner niner seven
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ahs911cab
i have owned 911s for more than 10 years and I am now contemplating trading my 2009 C2 Cab for a Panamera. Due to the northeast winters, I bought a 2004 A6 as a winter beater. A year later I find myself driving the A6 more than my 911. The A6 is simply easier for my daily commute of 20 miles each way. I can't stand watching my 911 gather dust as I drive an older car. I am now thinking of trading both cars for a Panamera. The V6 was great, but the 4S was spectacular. Does anyone regret moving from a 911 and will I miss my potentially old car?
why?
Old 04-13-2011, 11:20 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,050 Likes on 1,230 Posts

I instructed at a Car control clinic last weekend, one of the cars was a Panamera 4S. I have to admit it is an amazingly capable car. It did better on the skid pad than the Cayman S I instructed later, was about the same on the slalom course and rocked on the acceleration braking exercise. Brutally fast with launch control and brakes handled all of its weight with ease. Very comfortable but the computer sounds I found a bit annoying. IMO the launch control was a cool toy but would never use it on the street and I would tire of not having a manual tranny over the PDK. Otherwise Porsche rocked this one for sure.

I wish these were 5 seater cars. I would have one for sure if they were, so I am stuck with the cayenne for now.

Quick Reply: 911 Owner Thinking of Converting - Any regrets?