Sponsored by: Porsche San Diego

New Panamera 4S

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2011, 10:30 PM
Motohead279
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Panamera 4S

Just got a new 4S delivered a few weeks ago. I have not had a chance to drive it a lot but I really like it. Not sure if I like the car starting in 2nd gear or not, seems there is a lot of slippage going on if you are not "on it" from standstill. Also, I do not like the brake assist feature coming up to a slow stop, it makes the car kinda jerky. After I put more miles on it I can write more about it.

Had the windows tinted and clear bra put on last weekend. The guy tinting the car accidently dropped his knife and put a 7" scratch down the outside of the drivers door, car has to go back to the dealer to have the door repainted, its down through the clearcoat. To make matters worse, went to put down the windows for the first time and something in all 4 windows just scratched the hell out of the tint. Not sure if there is debris on the inside seal or something is hitting, but the drivers window has at least 15 vertical scratches down the tint.

Look forward to putting an exhaust
Attached Images   
Old 02-02-2011, 11:14 AM
rmapson
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The tint issue happens with all Panamera's from what I understand. The precise reason I didn't tint mine. Sorry about the re-spray, smh.
Old 02-03-2011, 01:37 PM
dadc4s
Instructor

Received 50 Likes on 16 Posts

The start-off in second in Comfort mode is sub-optimal. Try Sport mode, it is much more direct and fluid. I use Sport mode, but put the suspension to comfort, for daily driving around town. Try it, you’ll like it.

Quick Reply: New Panamera 4S