Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche San Diego

How much does it cost to manufacture?

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2011, 02:44 PM
delisedesign
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How much does it cost to manufacture?

Im collecting some research and was wondering if anyone knows, or could provide an educated approximation as to how much it costs Porsche to build a base panamera or panamera S? Any backup data would be greatly appreciated.
Old 02-02-2011, 12:58 PM
pmichaelis
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Cost information, particularly for Porsche, falls in the same category as the combination to the Queen of England's jewelry vault, good luck getting anything near correct information.
Old 02-03-2011, 10:26 AM
delisedesign
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

im aware...ive already gotten some flack on the 997 board for asking....im waiting for porsche intelligence agency to show up at my door.....ironically im only benchmarking them because i want to work for porsche one day, and am trying to get a better understanding of just how efficient their process really is.
Old 02-03-2011, 11:02 AM
Vilhuer
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 60 Likes on 33 Posts

911 has traditionally been very profitable. Something like $20k/car pure profit since 996 introduction. Normal Boxster and same MY 911 share lots of components and probably cost about same to make but their list prices have huge difference. Panamera might not be as good business even though it shares some compoments with Cayenne.
Old 02-16-2011, 02:36 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by delisedesign
im aware...ive already gotten some flack on the 997 board for asking....im waiting for porsche intelligence agency to show up at my door.....ironically im only benchmarking them because i want to work for porsche one day, and am trying to get a better understanding of just how efficient their process really is.
Buy some stock and get the investor relations info. Read their earnings statements, etc. I imagine it's all there to be revealed if you can dig and connect the dots.

http://www.porsche-se.com/pho/en/
http://www.porsche-se.com/pho/en/investorrelations/
Old 03-04-2011, 10:36 PM
hacker-pschorr
Administrator - "Tyson"
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 2,222 Likes on 1,253 Posts

I'm willing to bet less than it cost them to build a 928 GTS, with or without taking into account inflation.

Bottom line is, Porsche is making a killing on every car - as they should. The days of scraping by for pennies on each vehicle are long over.

Quick Reply: How much does it cost to manufacture?