Sponsored by: Porsche San Diego

Anyone opt for the XM WX

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2010, 09:25 PM
pdxjim
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Anyone opt for the XM WX

In checking XM's web, I see that their satellite weather is offered only in the Panamera. Has anyone used this? Also, wonder why it is available only in the Pana. Would like to use it in my truck.

http://www.xmradio.com/navweather/wh...d=acuratsx2009

see at the bottom of the page.
Old 08-04-2010, 12:35 AM
tkids
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wonder if I am getting that with the trial 3mos!?!? I was messing about and made it into INFO/SAT DATA SERVICE and stumble on the forcast/stock quotes. Found the forcast to my city, but not the Weather Radar. Something to check out tomorrow. Thanks for the mention!
Old 08-04-2010, 09:50 AM
roberga
Nordschleife Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by pdxjim
In checking XM's web, I see that their satellite weather is offered only in the Panamera. Has anyone used this? Also, wonder why it is available only in the Pana. Would like to use it in my truck.

http://www.xmradio.com/navweather/wh...d=acuratsx2009

see at the bottom of the page.
I am in Seattle : Weather---- rain. The traffic display is great. I will check on my way home on the weather feature. If I have it I have not used it.
Old 08-04-2010, 12:18 PM
dadc4s
Instructor

Received 50 Likes on 16 Posts

Weather is only available in larger cities so be sure your location, or one you visit often, is included. The Data service also includes real time stock quotes and sports scores and that is pretty cool.
Old 08-04-2010, 01:55 PM
pdxjim
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

I think it is 5 minute updated weather that they are sending to you.

"In fact, the same data real pilots and marine professionals have come to rely on. XM's sophisticated Threat Matrix technology enables easy-to-read, detailed graphical weather overlays on your GPS navigation system for maximum driver awareness at all times. "
Old 08-04-2010, 07:07 PM
tkids
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pdxjim
I think it is 5 minute updated weather that they are sending to you.

"In fact, the same data real pilots and marine professionals have come to rely on. XM's sophisticated Threat Matrix technology enables easy-to-read, detailed graphical weather overlays on your GPS navigation system for maximum driver awareness at all times. "
I would certainly get it for the road trips across the country I plan on making. Sounds great, but hope it is just not for major cities as on the radio portion only gives weather for certain cities.
Old 08-04-2010, 07:43 PM
DMoore
Pro

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

XM weather is a part of the 3-month free trial sample - it's bundled with the traffic reports.

I live 60 miles east of LA, in a completely different weather pattern from downtown LA. The only weather report I can get for all of Southern California is LA or San Diego. No use whatever. It would be wonderful if the National Weather Service local feeds were available, but I'm don't think this covers anything that isn't available through XM's radio channels. For me, the weather feature is worthless. BUT it's bundled with the traffic updates, which I find to be VERY valuable. So I'll be paying for the weather, but probably never using it.

DMoore
'10 P4S
'09 C2S

Quick Reply: Anyone opt for the XM WX