Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche San Diego

Weissach to Zell am See via Panamera

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2010, 02:59 AM
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Weissach to Zell am See via Panamera

Took a round trip in Panamera 4S between Weissach and the Porsche Design Studio. Impressions of the car were very favorable. On the autobahn it was rock solid, accelerated smartly and was very comfortable...no surprises there. I'll post some pictures and a video if I can figure it out!

Last edited by 997810; 07-26-2010 at 03:01 AM. Reason: first thread didn't know I could put text in
Old 07-26-2010, 03:21 AM
Intermediate

pictures from the trip..Weissach to Zell. Porsche Engineering is engineering a product for my firm and the Porsche Design Studio is optimizing the aesthetics. It's like a dream getting the chance to see the inner workings of Weissach. Porsche gave me the Panamera to drive. One of the guys from Weissach drove the 911 at 280 kph with the top down. From the top of the Porsche Design Studio looking at the Porsche family estate, the white buildings in the picture. Ferdinand, Ferry, and his sister are all buried there.
Attached Images     
Old 07-26-2010, 03:33 AM
Intermediate

Here's a video from the autobahn. Driving and shooting video with an iPhone. This is the acceleration in normal mode, not SportPlus! In SportPlus, the Panamera 4S was pretty evenly matched with a 3.6 dfi 911 and way more comfortable. The looks grew on me, too. It's highly competent, but the Porsche employees I work with have strong opinions on the matter.

Have a six month old at home and I'm either going to spring for a Panamera 4 or a Cayenne to haul the stroller, playpen, and other baby gear around. It will be the wife's car and she's leaning toward the Cayenne because you can still get one in a manual...is that cool that the wife prefers a manual???!!!

Actually, couldn't get the video to load...any suggestions for a quicktime file? Thanks.
Old 07-26-2010, 05:13 AM
phonetics
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if the P4S is for your wife, should u be driving at least a ferrari 458 or something?
Old 07-26-2010, 12:21 PM
Intermediate

Heretic!

No GT3RS with a ducktail is my ultimate. Discussed this with the guys at Weissach. Have to change the front spoiler because the front spoiler from the SportClassic won't fit...so that's out.

As soon as our first product is delivered, I'm in for a color to sample RS.
Old 07-26-2010, 02:49 PM
sid_vicious
Instructor

Originally Posted by 997810
The looks grew on me, too. It's highly competent, but the Porsche employees I work with have strong opinions on the matter.
Curious what the opinions were? Is the design as polarizing at Porsche as it is with the outside world?
Old 08-09-2010, 03:04 PM
Intermediate

couple of things that were specifically mentioned...cut lines on the rear of the car and the reflection of the dash in the windshield. dash problem is easily resolved. they all loved the front but weren't as enthusiastic about the rear. when the car is moving it looks strong and certainly has the Porsche DNA evident. We also had lively discussions on the new Cayenne rear end.

we did a launch in a Panamera Turbo with 4 people in the car and we all just burst out laughing. impressive and fun but mass is mass once you get in the twisties.
Old 08-29-2010, 11:59 AM
mkaresh
Racer

Originally Posted by 997810
Here's a video from the autobahn. Driving and shooting video with an iPhone. This is the acceleration in normal mode, not SportPlus! In SportPlus, the Panamera 4S was pretty evenly matched with a 3.6 dfi 911 and way more comfortable. The looks grew on me, too. It's highly competent, but the Porsche employees I work with have strong opinions on the matter.

Have a six month old at home and I'm either going to spring for a Panamera 4 or a Cayenne to haul the stroller, playpen, and other baby gear around. It will be the wife's car and she's leaning toward the Cayenne because you can still get one in a manual...is that cool that the wife prefers a manual???!!!

Actually, couldn't get the video to load...any suggestions for a quicktime file? Thanks.
Really cool that your wife prefers a manual...mine refuses to learn to drive one.

Porsche employees actually shared strong opinions against the Panamera?

Quick Reply: Weissach to Zell am See via Panamera