Sponsored by: Porsche San Diego

Auto Stop feature...issue?

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2010, 07:34 PM
tkids
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Auto Stop feature...issue?

I finally figured out the Autostop feature and the list of exceptions, such as Sport button off.

I may have found a slight issue. I exited the highway came to a stop light and the engine shut down. It didn't have time to shift down completely and the car shut of in 3rd gear. When I took my foot off the brake and hit the gas, the car chugged from a start in 3rd gear. Car was not too happy about that!

I don't plan on using this feature too often, but certainly would use it less with this issue.
Old 07-04-2010, 10:58 AM
roberga
Nordschleife Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i only use it in stop and go rush hour type of situations. For that it works well.
Old 07-05-2010, 02:07 AM
Targa Tim
Rennlist Member

Received 80 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by roberga
i only use it in stop and go rush hour type of situations. For that it works well.
+1, it always hold and shut off in 2nd gear, release the brake and ready to go again.

sometimes I found it annoying if the stop and go traffic is prolonged, i.e. each time engine stops for only 5 to 10 seconds, but in close repetitions.
Old 07-11-2010, 02:50 AM
need_cayman
Intermediate

for some reason it barely works with me.

ive made to qualify for long list of prerequisites.
Old 07-13-2010, 09:48 AM
tkids
Pro

Originally Posted by need_cayman
for some reason it barely works with me.

ive made to qualify for long list of prerequisites.
Ah yes the "Prerequisites"!
Old 07-13-2010, 09:24 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I just played with this on the V6 and the V8. I find it's smoother on the V6 (which also starts off in 2nd gear.) Maybe the V6 picks up off the starter a little more easily or perhaps it has a shorter 2nd gear or the balance shaft makes it smoother. In any case, I can't fault it and I'm a picky bastard! : )

I wish it would shut off the engine while in motion! I guess they reserve all the electric ancillaries (brakes and steering at least) for the forthcoming Hybrid version. The system currently relies upon the a/c recirc feature to cool the cabin, which results in a dull tepid air coming out of the vents on a hot day when you really want it to be able to keep the air at the same temperature. A small price to pay for the mpg and I really like the silence.

Quick Reply: Auto Stop feature...issue?