Sponsored by: Porsche San Diego

"Stand Down" on Recall????

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2010, 09:09 AM
tkids
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "Stand Down" on Recall????

I asked about if the Seatbelt recall had needed to be done on my new P4S and the response I got was Porsche told all dealers to stop doing the recall unless otherwise instructed. Didn't really get an anwser on if my car needed the work done?!?!

As anyone heard of the "Stand Down"?
Old 06-15-2010, 10:14 AM
roberga
Nordschleife Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

DO not know, I will ask mine today. Also, what is the context of the WA40?
Old 06-15-2010, 01:48 PM
Dan993
Instructor

I was told that the recall was by VIN and my car was not on that list. 3/10 build.
Old 06-15-2010, 02:07 PM
tkids
Pro

Originally Posted by Dan993
I was told that the recall was by VIN and my car was not on that list. 3/10 build.
Thanks Dan. It was a Campaign number/voluntary fix that porsche care gave me that should have been done on my car witch was a March 17th build. She knew nothing of what it was about.
Old 07-02-2010, 09:31 PM
DRJMK
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

funny, but my 997S is having a seatbelt issue now and I am taking it in for a fix. Guys, I am still on the fence about the Panamera or new Cayenne. Any insight would be welcomed! Note: it will be my only vehicle and I have 2 large dogs that will be transported from time to time and the Lowes trips, but all occassionally! I really love the Panamera and thinking that might be the next vehicle, probably a 4S or turbo.
Old 07-02-2010, 09:47 PM
Bill P.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DRJMK
funny, but my 997S is having a seatbelt issue now and I am taking it in for a fix. Guys, I am still on the fence about the Panamera or new Cayenne. Any insight would be welcomed! Note: it will be my only vehicle and I have 2 large dogs that will be transported from time to time and the Lowes trips, but all occassionally! I really love the Panamera and thinking that might be the next vehicle, probably a 4S or turbo.
A few related things to think about....I like that the Cayenne is smaller (exterior) thus easier to fit in the garage, parking, etc. In addition to being cheaper, the Cayenne is more dog friendly.

Now If I didn't have the 911, I'd probably want the Panamera as my only car. Also, the back seats are far nicer that those in the Cayenne.

At the end of the day, isn't it nice to be in a position to be able to make such choices?
Old 07-03-2010, 08:47 AM
DRJMK
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bill P.
A few related things to think about....I like that the Cayenne is smaller (exterior) thus easier to fit in the garage, parking, etc. In addition to being cheaper, the Cayenne is more dog friendly.

Now If I didn't have the 911, I'd probably want the Panamera as my only car. Also, the back seats are far nicer that those in the Cayenne.

At the end of the day, isn't it nice to be in a position to be able to make such choices?
Thanks, Bill! Yes, it is nice to have some choices! I only need 1 car right now and I am trying get best of both worlds, fun to drive and practical. I am going to trade the 911 on either the Cayenne or Panamera. I am really thinking Panamera again because the seats fold flat and the Cayenne's don't. Pricewise, I agree the Cayenne is cheaper than the Panamera, but I am strongly considering the X5 which is alot cheaper than the Cayenne. I will make my decision soon, but I have to deal with my other car, Lexus HS, which is recalled again and I am hoping for a buyback. Once that is done, I am clear to trade.
Then, I'll be back here posting about which car to get!
Old 07-21-2010, 07:07 PM
datbol
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by tkids
I asked about if the Seatbelt recall had needed to be done on my new P4S and the response I got was Porsche told all dealers to stop doing the recall unless otherwise instructed. Didn't really get an anwser on if my car needed the work done?!?!

As anyone heard of the "Stand Down"?
Sounds like something they arent tellin everyone...very suspicious if you ask me..
Old 07-22-2010, 10:32 AM
roberga
Nordschleife Master

Recalls must be completed within the recall guidlines. The WA40 is a bug fix which did not work and Porsche told the dealers to hold off until they get a the fix fixed. It is a downloadto the ECU.
Old 07-22-2010, 10:35 AM
roberga
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by tkids
Thanks Dan. It was a Campaign number/voluntary fix that porsche care gave me that should have been done on my car witch was a March 17th build. She knew nothing of what it was about.
Forget Porsche care. Establish a relationship with the techs at your dealer. Bring food and get a little work done and drive the **** out of your car.
Old 07-22-2010, 12:54 PM
tkids
Pro

Originally Posted by roberga
Forget Porsche care. Establish a relationship with the techs at your dealer. Bring food and get a little work done and drive the **** out of your car.
I have no dealership as of yet! The dealership that sold me car are a bunch of F#cks, so I will have to start a new! The standdown was on the Seatbelt recall not the WA40 campaign.

Quick Reply: "Stand Down" on Recall????