Notices
Panamera 2010-Current

MD/DC/VA/WV/PA/DE Meet and Drive 5/16/10 Sun-10am, Rockville Starbucks-Mid Pike Plaza

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2010, 09:03 PM
Steve 96C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 853 Likes on 435 Posts
Default MD/DC/VA/WV/PA/DE Meet and Drive 5/16/10 Sun-10am, Rockville Starbucks-Mid Pike Plaza

Fellow Porsche Drivers: Another invite from the 993 forum... (any local owners out there yet?)

It's time again for a MD/DC/VA/WV/PA/DE "Meet and Drive". It will be held on Sunday, May 16, 2010 at 10am at the Rockville, Md. Starbucks at Mid Pike Plaza - 11802 A Rockville Pike in front of Toy's R Us and next to the Silver Diner (we meet nearest to Starbucks).

We'll meet from 10am-11:20am, and if you'd like to join us for the drive, we'll start driving around 11:30am. For the "Meet" part of the morning, you can get coffee at Starbucks, check out other people's cars, scope out everyone's mods, meet new folks, reconnect with old friends, etc. It will be a beautiful scenic drive of about an hour or so if you then want to do the "Drive", through Potomac and Poolesville and we'll end up at the Bugaboo Steakhouse in Gaithersburg this time. It was suggested that we try a different place for lunch than last time so this is it. You can eat pretty moderately priced or go all out and have a steak lunch. You just pay for what you order...

http://www.yelp.com/biz/bugaboo-cree...e-gaithersburg

http://www.bugaboocreek.com/

So, you could come for the "Meet" only, the "Meet and Drive" or the "Meet, Drive and Lunch", whatever your schedule permits. If you think you might come for the lunch too, just post your intent here so we know how many will be in the reservation. Right now I've reserved space for 25 people over 3 large tables.

If you've never come out to one of these and are feeling hesitant, just get off your couch, turn off the TV, put down that Sunday newspaper, say good-bye to the family for a couple of hours and come on out! I was hesitant my first time too, but met tons of nice, friendly people with a great common denominator - a love all things Porsche.

Arun put together this next drive for us...

"It's a beautiful drive replete with country roads dotted by horse farms and barn-side vistas."

Directions to 15710 Shady Grove Rd, Gaithersburg, MD 20877-1401 (Bugaboo Creek Steak House)

Starting from Old Georgetown Rd at the Mid Pike Plaza
1 Head west on Old Georgetown Rd toward Executive Blvd - go 1.3 mi
2 Turn right at Tuckerman Ln - go 3.8 mi
3 Turn left at Falls Rd/Great Falls Rd- go 2.7 mi
4 Turn right at MD-190 W/River Rd- go 8.1 mi
5 Turn left at River Rd - go 1.4 mi
6 Turn right at Partnership Rd - go 3.8 mi
7 Turn right toward Whites Ferry Rd- go 92 ft
8 Turn right at Whites Ferry Rd- go 2.3 mi
9 Turn left at Darnestown Rd/MD-28 W- go 1.9 mi
10 Turn right at Bucklodge Rd/MD-117 E- go 5.2 mi
Continue to follow MD-117 E
11 Turn left at Clarksburg Rd/MD-121 N- go 3.7 mi
12 Turn left to merge onto I-270 S towardWashington - go 9.4 mi
13 Take Shady Grove Rd exit 8, turn left off exit, 2nd light make U Turn at Cherry Choke Road at Home Depot and then turn RT at the Red Lobster. Bugaboo Steakhouse is behind the Red Lobster."

So, who's in? See you soon,
Steve R

Restaurant Reviews:

"What an amazing restaurant. I have taken people from out of town and family to eat here. I feel like it would be a great place for kids too because the animals around the restaurant become animated at random points!

I love how the BREAD that you start out with is SO good. it comes warm and it's this darker bread with sweet butter. the meals themselves too are delicious. i haven't ordered anything i haven't liked. the dessert is the best with the made to order cookie with ice cream on top. what a delicious delicious treat.

highly recommend!! I wish there was one near me now!

it's also in a convenient location, right next to the highway. lots of parking around."

"Two words PRIME RIB its the best and the loaded baked potato and sweet potato fries and call it a night. Great for kids and the services is very good."

"This is definitely a hidden treasure. The interior is decorated like an extremely decked out cabin, with a talking moose and flapping fish. I like coming here around dinner for their ambiance because of the dark, warm cabin lights and friendly atmosphere. The staff is extremely nice and professional (I had Tony), and there food is quite delicious. My favorite is their steak salad (~$11), which is probably the best steak salad I could find around this area, however I think it would taste even more amazing if they used arugula, rather than regular lettuce. But still, the best steak salad I've had around here. They give generous portions.

When it's your birthday, the staff comes out and sing with a giant moose head. Be ready the kiss the moose."