Notices
Panamera 2010-Current

Ordered my 2011 Panamera Turbo!!!

Old 03-18-2010, 08:55 PM
rmapson
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ordered my 2011 Panamera Turbo!!!

Didn't know it would be a '11 model...Power steering, universal audio interface, bluetooth, adaptive air suspension w/ pdcc and floor mats are now 'Standard' on the Turbo...Delivery date: late June!!!

Has anybody not gotten there Panamera when 'promised'???

Has anybody gotten it early???
Old 03-18-2010, 11:39 PM
dadc4s
Instructor

Received 50 Likes on 16 Posts

Congrats! I was promised a February build date when I ordered my 4S in late December. It was built today, one month late. I have been told to expect delivery in 4-6 weeks. It's hard to wait but the anticipation has been fun too and I have enjoyed learning from owners on these forums. The upside is that the weather will be great when the car does arrive....
Old 03-20-2010, 01:32 PM
cordsig79
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Do they still offer the Germany pickup/tour/etc.............
Old 03-21-2010, 06:08 PM
cole328
Three Wheelin'

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

I test drove one the other day...posted a review drove amazingly however, I'm not sure I can get past the "narrow" sliver of the rear window visibility was really lacking. Makes me wonder how one drives a Lambo around town.
Old 03-21-2010, 06:16 PM
rmapson
Advanced

Originally Posted by cordsig79
Yes, you can pick it up in Leipzig and drive it around Europe for up to 2 weeks then they ship it to the dealer...I was going to do that but my build date is May and I can't fit a vacation in my schedule until August but I don't want to wait that long to drive it!!!
Old 03-21-2010, 06:22 PM
rmapson
Advanced

Originally Posted by cole328
I test drove one the other day...posted a review drove amazingly however, I'm not sure I can get past the "narrow" sliver of the rear window visibility was really lacking. Makes me wonder how one drives a Lambo around town.
My biggest concern was the 'tiny' door mirrors...seemed to create a large blind spot in my peripheral...made changing lanes a bit of a task...but I agree the rear window is 'tunnel vision'...with 500hp I guess I'll just have to keep the 760's and E63's in my dust!!!
Old 03-21-2010, 06:23 PM
rmapson
Advanced

Originally Posted by cordsig79
Yes, you can pick it up in Leipzig and drive it around Europe for up to 2 weeks then they ship it to the dealer...I was going to do that but my build date is May and I can't fit a vacation in my schedule until August but I don't want to wait that long to drive it!!!
Old 03-29-2010, 06:46 PM
rmapson
Advanced

Question: On my initial invoice
351 Adaptive Air Suspension w/ PDCC Price ZERO
715 Porsche Dynamic Chassis Contro Price ZERO

Today my invoice
351 Adaptive Air Suspension w/ PDCC Price ZERO
715 Porsche Dynamic Chassis Contro 4,460

Should I hold them to the initial Invoice?
Old 03-29-2010, 11:26 PM
kcturbo
Advanced

How did they respond initially when you pointed out the discrepancy (if you have pointed it out)? It was definitely an error the first time. All of my build sheets had the air suspension at $0 and the PDCC at $4460. At the very least, they should sell you that option at their cost and make some other concessions.
Old 03-30-2010, 10:07 AM
Alfie
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Rennlist Member

It's not a dealer error, it's a PCNA/PAG error. It probably says in a few places that pricing is subject to change, which rarely happens during the model year, but happens during early ordering of next model year quite a bit.
Old 03-30-2010, 05:11 PM
rmapson
Advanced

Originally Posted by kcturbo
How did they respond initially when you pointed out the discrepancy (if you have pointed it out)? It was definitely an error the first time. All of my build sheets had the air suspension at $0 and the PDCC at $4460. At the very least, they should sell you that option at their cost and make some other concessions.
I didn't say anything because he wrote on the invoice that certain items that I wanted were now "standard equipment" on the 2011 Turbo model. It's not a deal breaker BUT...

Another thing...how can I find out the definite "build date"? I'm told the build date is May and that I "may" get the car late June. I also got a email from them saying "patience" is the key from now on. Sounds suspiciously like my "build date" is NOT May. Should I get this in writing?
Old 03-30-2010, 05:19 PM
rmapson
Advanced

Originally Posted by Alfie
It's not a dealer error, it's a PCNA/PAG error. It probably says in a few places that pricing is subject to change, which rarely happens during the model year, but happens during early ordering of next model year quite a bit.
Doesn't say anything like that on any paper work that I was given...but I was only given 1 page of 8. So anything is possible and the base prices for 2011 have not been set yet. I did see on the internet that the base price turbo will be $133,575 but not sure how reliable this site is:

Pricing: the base Panamera will start at $75,375 MSRP. A Panamera 4 will be offered at $79,875. The Panamera S will cost $90,775, and the Panamera Turbo will sell for $133,575.

http://www.automobile.com/2011-porsc...ra-review.html
Old 03-30-2010, 09:14 PM
TAch Miami
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by rmapson
Didn't know it would be a '11 model.....Delivery date: late June!!!

Has anybody not gotten there Panamera when 'promised'???

Has anybody gotten it early???
I doubt it will be early.

When I checked on my dealer allocations last week, he said that 2011 Panamera turbos will be built after the August plant closure and deliveries will begin no earlier than September or October. Another dealer told me the same thing.
Old 03-31-2010, 08:59 AM
rmapson
Advanced

Originally Posted by TAch Miami
I doubt it will be early.

When I checked on my dealer allocations last week, he said that 2011 Panamera turbos will be built after the August plant closure and deliveries will begin no earlier than September or October. Another dealer told me the same thing.
Thanks for the heads up! I figured as much, this group that I am dealing with is not cool. I hope that there is a survey to fill out after delivery!
Old 03-31-2010, 11:31 AM
royalpar1
Instructor

I have been looking at the Panamera Turbo, I currently drive a 06-C2 with F77 package, ....FAST. I have looked at the new Masserati Cab as well as the Bentley. Bentley not in the same leauge, Masserati is beautiful but am suspect to use as a daily driver. Has any one here come out of a 911 into the Panamera ? I am curious about the difference in the drive. I am also thinking i should wait for a Panamera Cab. Thoughts ?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ordered my 2011 Panamera Turbo!!!