Default Panamera & Rapide by Autocar.

you Pani guys s/b happy.

http://www.dpccars.com/car-videos-10...e-Panamera.htm
Old 03-07-2010, 05:06 PM
Bob Rouleau

Still plays with cars.
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 255 Likes on 119 Posts

No surprise the British magazine likes the Aston better in spite of the fact that it is not a true 4 seater and is slow compared to the Panamera. I do agree that the Rapide is much better looking.
Old 03-07-2010, 08:09 PM
Bill P.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Impressive numbers considering the Pani had 4 passengers and it was raining.
Old 03-08-2010, 10:17 AM
kosmo
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

the quick comment about AM's quality being better than the P is highly questionable.
Old 03-08-2010, 12:31 PM
Rojda
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think they plan to repeat the test but have the Panamera tow a Winnebago, as well as carry 4 passengers. Then the numbers will be closer!

How can they claim the Aston is better when they are handicapping the Panamera with all the extra weight?

No way the Aston would be able to even see the Panamera Turbo off in the distance without the handicap.

All and all a remarkably biased review.
Old 03-08-2010, 01:29 PM
Targa Tim
Rennlist Member

Received 79 Likes on 31 Posts

I haven't driven either cars, but I will only buy the Aston over the Porsche if it is significantly cheaper. And the reason to buy it will be for its look only. That means I will never buy it at all.
Old 03-08-2010, 10:17 PM
dadc4s
Instructor

Received 50 Likes on 16 Posts

Not only is the Panamera Turbo faster than the Rapide, but so are the 4S and S. Don't forget that the Rapide will sell for 200k, or about twice what the non-turbo Panamera models cost, and the Panamera will actually carry 4 adults in comfort while the Rapide makes all the dynamic compromises of a 4 door but can't really carry 4 adults in comfort. Its a no-brainer, the Porsche wins hands down. Only a "no brainer" would choose the Rapide because it's "prettier".
Old 03-10-2010, 11:00 PM
phonetics
Advanced

it's not prettier for me at all. it's just a bigger vantage. there is no innovation in the design whatsoever.. the only reason to buy this is for its brand name only... well if its brand name reallly worth that much.. it will be a pain for a family car to constantly go in and out of a repair shop when aston is famous for its unreliability..
Old 03-14-2010, 10:11 AM
mkaresh
Racer

Originally Posted by kosmo
the quick comment about AM's quality being better than the P is highly questionable.
There are different ways to define quality, and a UK magazine is especially likely to define it as the quality of interior materials. They think much less about reliability over there. A few minor repairs a year are considered acceptable as long as none requires a tow. Had a Jaguar forum owner accuse me of wanting to kill what remains of the UK auto industry by even conducting a car reliability survey.

Quick Reply: Panamera & Rapide by Autocar.