Have you guys seen any MARKET Adjustments on MSRP

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2009, 08:37 PM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 41 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Have you guys seen any MARKET Adjustments on MSRP

With the new GT3 and RS coming out, I have already heard of big gouges in prices over MSRP. Is this happening with this car? The Turbo?
Old 11-08-2009, 10:50 PM
Overdraft
Rennlist Member

Received 379 Likes on 204 Posts

Originally Posted by OldGuy
With the new GT3 and RS coming out, I have already heard of big gouges in prices over MSRP. Is this happening with this car? The Turbo?
I can't imagine getting over M.S.R.P - no disrespect to the car but just that the launch was seemingly well coupled with inventory - and for a car that has some detractors to it.

I wasn't crazy over the car initially - saw one live at the dealer in a bronze colour and still didn't like it...then I saw a basalt black on black with 20" wheels next time by and and I thought...that is a nice looking car. So the sales manager who I have bought a number of Porsche Audi product from over the years was kind enough to let me take it out for an hour - do a couple of errands and then take it on the highway. I must admit, I liked the car...I didn't love it but I certainly liked it. I drive an RS4 as my DD with 911 TT cab due in March. My lease on the RS4 comes due next fall so I was almost afraid I would fall in love with the Panamera now and be twisted to get out of my RS 4 lease but as it turns out...I am quite happy with what I have. Might/ will consider next fall again but have to see what the new RS6 or S8 brings - and how I grow to like the Porsche sedan concept where I am still on the fence. I did get my head around the Cayenne concept though - when I bought a new 04 S then traded it six months later for a new Cayenne Turbo which I enjoyed for four years...so who knows..
Old 11-08-2009, 11:22 PM
Tacet-Conundrum
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Overdraft
I can't imagine getting over M.S.R.P - no disrespect to the car but just that the launch was seemingly well coupled with inventory - and for a car that has some detractors to it.

I wasn't crazy over the car initially - saw one live at the dealer in a bronze colour and still didn't like it...then I saw a basalt black on black with 20" wheels next time by and and I thought...that is a nice looking car. So the sales manager who I have bought a number of Porsche Audi product from over the years was kind enough to let me take it out for an hour - do a couple of errands and then take it on the highway. I must admit, I liked the car...I didn't love it but I certainly liked it. I drive an RS4 as my DD with 911 TT cab due in March. My lease on the RS4 comes due next fall so I was almost afraid I would fall in love with the Panamera now and be twisted to get out of my RS 4 lease but as it turns out...I am quite happy with what I have. Might/ will consider next fall again but have to see what the new RS6 or S8 brings - and how I grow to like the Porsche sedan concept where I am still on the fence. I did get my head around the Cayenne concept though - when I bought a new 04 S then traded it six months later for a new Cayenne Turbo which I enjoyed for four years...so who knows..
I had great apprehension when I test drove a turbo in Lithuania last month. From the looks of it seeing how large it was I thought it was going to be a portly beast. But to my surprise it was the hustler; especially driving it around the twisty roads of the country. I was lucky enough to have it for a day through a friend of mine. I had to go to some contract work in Lithuania to work out some issues for a manufacturer. Little did I know the owner of the company was an absolute Porsche nut all the the down to the possession of a 959. Now if I could ever conjure up the money to purchase one of those?

The Panamera with all the performance bells ans whistles is an absolute delight to drive. One thing that astonished me was how nimble it was with everything turned on and humming in unison. That and launch control with 0-60 mph. Talking about popping a boner.
Old 11-10-2009, 11:50 AM
Alfie
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OG, none on the Panamera that I've heard of, though its doing well at msrp.

Quick Reply: Have you guys seen any MARKET Adjustments on MSRP