Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2009, 12:52 PM
John356
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Porsche Burmester brochure

I found the Porsche Burmester brochure in Russian here:

http://topfi.ru/upload/File/BURMESTE...alogue_RUS.pdf

Does anyone have a link to one in English or German?

I hadn't even considered the Panamera until I learned that it could be ordered with the Burmester audio system. There's nothing remotely comparable available from the factory on any other sedan. It's unfortunate that Porsche are using it as a profit center -- $3990 on the Turbo, but $5690 on the S for exactly the same system.

Do wav or flac audio files play through the USB port on the Panamera?
Old 10-31-2009, 01:49 PM
Alfie
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Rennlist Member

I have 1 extra english brochure. If you like, i'll see if i can get it scanned for you.

The reason for the price difference on the turbo vs S/4S models is that on the s/4s, you aren't receiving credit for the optional Bose system that is standard on the Turbo.
Old 10-31-2009, 02:10 PM
Alfie
Addict
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Rennlist Member

I have a poor quality scanned version now. send me an email or PM me your email address, and i'll send it to you.
Old 11-01-2009, 12:45 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by John356
It's unfortunate that Porsche are using it as a profit center -- $3990 on the Turbo, but $5690 on the S for exactly the same system.
Just as an aside, the only reason car companies turn to a 'premium branded audio system' IS profits.
At one time, premium branded audio (re: Bose) was the 2nd highest gross margin option, second only to powertrain options.

It actually doesn't matter to a customer WHO makes the premium branded audio system; no one walks into a dealership and says "I'm not buying this car because I can't get XYZ branded audio"...they simply know the base system is designed to be inferior to the premium brand, so they check off that option.

It is the OEM audio companies who fight with one another to be awarded the spot in the car.

Furthermore, given the abandonment of analog/copper wire based interconnects between headunit, amp, NAV, CDChanger, and other peripherals (in the case of the German car companies for MOST) and the complexity they bring, fewer customers would consider removing these components to do their own custom audio install.

Unfortunately, I know a little about this area...but I'm working hard to forget.

Originally Posted by John356
Do wav or flac audio files play through the USB port on the Panamera?
It is a function of the PCM3.x headunit (designed/produced by Becker) and independent of the audio/amplifier manufacturer.

Quick Reply: Porsche Burmester brochure