Panamera test drive - a driver's perspective

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2009, 04:08 PM
W8MM
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 106 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by Nurburger
I drove the Panemera on the Saturday afternoon @ the Quail. I absolutely loved the interior & overall driving feel - the turbo s must be an f-ing monster.... I agree with the lister above who commented on the negativity towards anything new or different.

I also have to say that each time I saw the Panermera on the road, it really did look like nothing else - in a very positive way...

I was also at the Quail event on Saturday afternoon. Apparently at exactly the same time.

You got a shot of my profile on the right edge of the photo above.

I agree that the Panamera is a fabulous drive and I am on the way to purchasing one.

Sorry we didn't get a chance to meet
Old 10-04-2009, 09:30 PM
Schmidts Cat
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

One of the things that hasn't been mentioned is the usefulness of the back seats. While beautiful and comfy when seated, ingress and egress is not friendly at all (for a sedan). I don't think this car can be compared to a BMW 7 or S class based on this, or even a BMW 5 er perhaps.
What do you guys think?
Old 10-05-2009, 02:19 AM
PogueMoHone
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It smokes the 7 Series and S class... big time. I didn't have any problem with ingress and egress. Are you over 6'?
Old 10-05-2009, 09:55 AM
W8MM
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 106 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by Schmidts Cat
One of the things that hasn't been mentioned is the usefulness of the back seats. While beautiful and comfy when seated, ingress and egress is not friendly at all (for a sedan). I don't think this car can be compared to a BMW 7 or S class based on this, or even a BMW 5 er perhaps.
What do you guys think?
Well, I'm 6'4" and I didn't notice any problem getting in and out of the back seats. I thought it was easier than most cars to comfortably get my legs positioned while getting in and out. It's better than the rear seat of my Mercedes GL450 SUV, it's just lower.
Old 10-05-2009, 10:42 PM
Schmidts Cat
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes, I'm 6'4" and it did seem not as easy as my 750Li, or even my GL450. But once in it was awesome. I just don't think I could get my wife to dump the 7 for it. Not sure I should really wish for that, as I'd rather spend my car budget on sports cars.
Old 10-06-2009, 01:44 AM
ziiz996
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Check this link if you want to see the beautiful PANAMERA: http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforum...have-been.html

Quick Reply: Panamera test drive - a driver's perspective