Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   Panamera (https://rennlist.com/forums/panamera-167/)
-   -   Well...I take back all that I have said about the Panamera......WOW! (https://rennlist.com/forums/panamera/514153-well-i-take-back-all-that-i-have-said-about-the-panamera-wow.html)

FlatSix911 07-25-2009 01:41 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Time for all the Panamera lovers to put down the crack pipe ... that thing is a Humpback whale ... :cheers:

OldGuy 07-25-2009 02:10 AM

Originally Posted by Fixn2xlr8
Slushbox FTL.

Whats the little ball in the middle of the front bumper?
If you havent driven a PDK then you have no earthly idea of what youre talking about.
Best tranny on the planet.

Meister Fahrer 07-25-2009 03:37 AM

Originally Posted by OldGuy (Post 6759322)
If you havent driven a PDK then you have no earthly idea of what youre talking about.
Best tranny on the planet.

Or a DSG.

Speaking of Audi, that interior's already looking Audi-esque, that didn't take long! ;)

Anyway, the design is German function-over-form, called a hatchback.

(psst, don't tell anyone else it's a hatchback or it will be doomed here.)

dark knight 07-25-2009 04:19 PM

does the radar cruise set of my radar detector?

Charlie C 07-25-2009 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by dark knight (Post 6760320)
does the radar cruise set of my radar detector?

Only in VW's.;)

FlatSix911 07-25-2009 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by Meister Fahrer (Post 6759411)

Anyway, the design is German function-over-form, called a hatchback.

(psst, don't tell anyone else it's a hatchback or it will be doomed here.)

Correct - however, this design is really form over function, called a Humpback.
(With the merger, there is now hope that Porsche will go back to sports cars and let Audi / VW work on the marketing experiments.) :cheers:

qirex 07-25-2009 11:54 PM

Originally Posted by Chads996 (Post 6756678)
Ding! Winnar...

C.

nope more like LASER cruise...

dark knight 07-26-2009 01:29 AM

so will that set off my laser detector?

qirex 07-26-2009 01:32 AM

yep!

dark knight 07-26-2009 02:26 AM

bastages, so my laser detector will go off as I pass and I will slam my brakes on in front of those cars

blitz928 07-26-2009 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by 67FJ45 (Post 6759238)
:rolleyes: If it just had 993ish or 997ish headlights instead of 996ish, it'd be a real Porsche. Jeez.

I believe the headlights are more Carrera GT-ish than 996-ish, maybe the Carrera GT isn't a real Porsche....Jeez.:p

mark kibort 07-27-2009 05:34 PM

Fugly. a woman shot putter with a pretty face, period.

Giants84 08-10-2009 01:59 AM

I like the car, but it's WAY overpriced like near 200 grand fully loaded for the turbo porsche needs to wake up, 200 grand can get you a rapide/bentley etc.

Tacet-Conundrum 08-17-2009 02:57 AM

Originally Posted by Luis de Prat (Post 6756786)
Well, it's not much to look at as a Porsche, but I'm sure it's a heck of a "sedan" performance wise.

Too bad Porsches these days are all about keeping up with the Joneses.

Thanks for the sneak preview, though! :)

Jonses eh; isn't that why they came out with the Cayenne in the first place?

I mean really, what was the reason Porsche produced the Cayenne in the first place other than to get a piece of the SUV market share?

They haven't sold that many of them lately because just like the H2, once the people who wanted one got one that was it. Folks got over the hype and it was business as usual.

As for me I'm actually down with the Panamera even though I have yet to see one. Yes I do agree with rear end can be worked on but the reports I have seen and heard on the outer-net have confirmed that the performance, driving and handling et al, is superior to other offerings that will be cross shopped from Mercedes and BMW. Truthfully I can't see myself driving around in a Beemer, something about the whole "Look at me I'm driving in a BMW in sunny southern California" which in turn translates to "Look at me I'm a butthole; get out of my way". Can't really see myself driving around in a Mercedes unless it is one of the "Black Series" jobs. Don't get me wrong both BMW and Mercedes produce awesome performing cars.

Like I have pointed to in previous post I'm shopping for a Turbo for when I get back into the States but I don't know if my "Better-Half" will trump my want for a 911 Turbo and her getting one of these instead.

On that note however Don't know if I will save the Coin with the S or 4S. I remember reading where someone says that don't bother with AWD version.