Offical pics - Panamera Interior

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2009, 11:46 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by tvandegarde
I guess I'm in the minority but I actually like the interior photos. I can't wait to not only sit in the interior but to see how the Panamera drives.
There are aspects of the Panamera that I like. The seats (without the LCD panels) and the recessed "Chrono" and I actually like the look of the exterior of the car from some angles (not the hatch!)

I think it's reasonable to argue that if a "core" 911 buyer (let alone a GT3 buyer) was overjoyed with the Panamera, Porsche would have missed their mark -- this car is meant to appeal to the wealthy, the status conscious and the executive express cruiser owner wanting to compete in the parking lot one-upmanship games. They'll lease it, they'll get burned on resale or they could care less and they'll update without a second thought.

The Panaluxura buyer is just plain very different compared to a 911 enthusiast able to get a GT3 (easily the best car Porsche has built since the 993) for about the same dollars.

I sometimes joke that I can afford a GT3, but I could never afford a Carrera -- the depreciation is just too expensive.

Remember the '03 Cayenne buyers (aka "beta testers") and look at resale values of Cayennes before you write the check for one of the first of the Panameras. : )

Anyone trying to gauge the cabin of the Panamera should look further afield (above and beyond BMW, Mercedes, Audi) and experience really attractive sedan cabins -- the Maserati Quattroporte S* and Aston Martin Rapide.

http://www.astonmartin.com/eng/theco...ntrenrburgring -- this is great site and really nicely done with information and visuals of the cars at their test facility at the ring ... someone at Aston said "let's remind them that we race" ... bravo! ... and yes, I wish I could squeeze the forthcoming V12 Vantage into the garage ... maybe next year.)

*sorry about the audio on the Maserati site! : )
Old 02-16-2009, 06:00 PM
wwilliams88
Drifting

Received 244 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by tvandegarde
I guess I'm in the minority but I actually like the interior photos. I can't wait to not only sit in the interior but to see how the Panamera drives.
Ditto. The interior makes me ignore some of the less attractive aspects of the car. I would also like to take a test drive as well.
Old 02-17-2009, 09:22 PM
Sam CS 05
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Panamera!
surely not a car for drivers with young kids, count me out for now...BTW, who pays for "How to Use All Those Buttons" training course (:
Old 02-18-2009, 09:53 PM
DanJK
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hmmmm. I'm intrigued by the interior. All the talk about the death of Porsche is silly.

But the pricing, is even sillier.

Quick Reply: Offical pics - Panamera Interior