Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche San Diego

970 rear spoiler inoperable

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2024 | 07:17 PM
Tcaschy021
Track Day

Default 970 rear spoiler inoperable

Hi all, 2012 pan 4 here and I'm trying to figure out the rear spoiler on this new to me vehicle. Bought the car like this knowing it wasn't working and currently the spoiler is retracted. The button on center console does not respond to any inputs, either holding it down or momentary...there is no light on at all. The spoiler does NOT automatically extend at speeds. The funny thing is I have NO messages on the dash nor when I scan the rear electronics module with my icarsoft scanner, do I get any faults. I'm able to read the data for the spoiler from the rear electronics module and it says the spoiler is extended...not sure if that is the problem but. Short of tearing it apart, anything other suggestions for troubleshooting? PS I have Piwis on the way but don't have it yet. Thanks!
Old 09-24-2024 | 12:53 AM
x X CLoud X x
AutoX

Welcome to the club!!! of broken spoilers..... it seems like these dam wings break when they get debris + water trapped inside, then it rust up the mechanical mechanism.... some have luck with blowing all the debris out and unclogging the drain holes or some have taken the spoiler out and replaced the control unit or replacing the spoiler drive motor or some just buy a whole new spoiler