Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche San Diego

Gen 2 turbo what to look out for?

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2024, 12:53 PM
nelson30
Cruisin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Gen 2 turbo what to look out for?

I'm looking at a gen 2 turbo with a touch over 40K miles. What should I look out for? It's not a CPO car so I might snag the fidelity warranty. It has had the 40K service done which I think is the pricy one with spark plugs and the transmission service, need to put eyes on the actual paperwork. Carfax shows clean but I'll still probably look to have a 3rd party inspection done, any points of focus for that inspection? Or anything else you'd have me really focus on? really appreciate it.
Old 07-23-2024, 02:58 PM
Nitroman1
AutoX

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

40K service is just oil/filter and cabin air filter. 60k is the big one, so i hear. I opted for a aftermarket warranty...nothing like having that piece of mind. Check air suspension ride height at each corner and activate the different suspension settings to verify proper operation. Rev engine with hood open (this allows you to see the motor torquing) to ensure motor mounts are attached. Check inside tread of the front tires....mine were worn to the cords due to an alignment issue.
Old 07-23-2024, 07:06 PM
Highline-Autos.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 492 Likes on 363 Posts

PPI and a real extended warranty should be all you need to worry about on these cars. Like you said, if the maintenance checks out, go for it! My contact information is below for Fidelity extended warranty coverage information on your potential Porsche Panamera Turbo purchase, repairs accepted at all Porsche dealerships and linseed repair facilities in the US/Canada.

Trenton O. Gibson
tgibson@highline-autos.com
Highline Autos
Direct: 602.909.9216
Office: 480.348.0777

Official RECARO Automotive Retailer: www.highline-autos.com/product-category/recaro/

Highline Autos Magazine - Volume XXI, Issue 03 https://bit.ly/3wTsNzM

Quick Reply: Gen 2 turbo what to look out for?