Remove and Replace Shocks

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2024, 09:04 AM
jfort
Pro

Received 65 Likes on 46 Posts
Default Remove and Replace Shocks

2012 Panamera 4 non-air suspension.

can anyone point me to a DYI how to do this? Both front and rear. The car is on the lift. The fasteners are soaking. Now I just need to educate myself.
Old 07-14-2024, 09:43 PM
chassis
Rennlist Member

Received 1,389 Likes on 1,020 Posts

This should get you started in the right direction.

Old 07-15-2024, 05:42 PM
jfort
Pro

Default Day One

I started on the rears. I had the car on a 2 post lift with a support under the rear suspension. The two bolts at the top of the strut holder are obvious and easy. I didn't know about the PASM connector at the top of the strut. Luckily it pulled loose without damage. I detached the two upper control arms, spring loaded, and the bolt that holds in the bottom of the shock. It took awhile to figure out how to get the strut out of the top holder. The "down in there" nut not only is hard to get to but also it turns everything else. The key was a Schwaben "pass through" set I had. The old strut nut was 21mm, the new 22. A 1/4" drive 10mm held the strut shaft and allowed for the backing out of the strut nut. Connect the PASM connection at the top and slide the strut in. I found it helpful to flat file the place where the strut connects. You need a punch or rod of some kind the line up the holes for the bolts -- standard stuff.

The following users liked this post:
chassis (07-15-2024)
Old 07-20-2024, 09:44 PM
jfort
Pro

Default Rear Done

I finally got some time. With the weight on the suspension, I tightened all the connections. Took the car for a test drive. I could really tell the difference. My old shocks were really shot with 113K on them. Now, to work up my courage and start on the front.
The following users liked this post:
chassis (07-20-2024)

Quick Reply: Remove and Replace Shocks