Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche San Diego

Bose Subwoofer Replacement Suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2024 | 04:07 PM
vice_toned
Advanced

Default Bose Subwoofer Replacement Suggestions

Anyone know or tried any replacements for the Bose subwoofer in a 2011 Porsche Panamera S?
Part Number : 970-645-565-04

By replacements I mean, well, non-OEM parts, meaning not from Porsche.
It's extremely difficult to find a spare at where I live and ordering would take a very long time.
Is it possible to somehow link the current Bose sound system to another Subwoofer (non-bose) that I could buy ? Perhaps aftermarket or something, or would I have to install a whole new speaker system?
Again, finding spares is extremely difficult and I'm still in the process of searching.
Your inputs would be appreciate, thank you.
Old 05-20-2024 | 11:48 PM
21Pan4
Instructor

Are you looking for an aftermarket sub that bolts right into the factory location? Your best bet would be to find a professional car audio installation business. They could make a custom subwoofer enclosure.
Old 05-21-2024 | 01:29 AM
E39Nutz
Pro

Originally Posted by vice_toned
Anyone know or tried any replacements for the Bose subwoofer in a 2011 Porsche Panamera S?
Part Number : 970-645-565-04

By replacements I mean, well, non-OEM parts, meaning not from Porsche.
It's extremely difficult to find a spare at where I live and ordering would take a very long time.
Is it possible to somehow link the current Bose sound system to another Subwoofer (non-bose) that I could buy ? Perhaps aftermarket or something, or would I have to install a whole new speaker system?
Again, finding spares is extremely difficult and I'm still in the process of searching.
Your inputs would be appreciate, thank you.
did you take out the subwoofer unit and measure the diameter and depth, it will give you good idea of what size you need. Not rocket science.
Old 05-21-2024 | 04:56 AM
vice_toned
Advanced

Originally Posted by E39Nutz
did you take out the subwoofer unit and measure the diameter and depth, it will give you good idea of what size you need. Not rocket science.
No no, I don't mean it that way.
I mean will ANY subwoofer work? Do not worry about the dimensions, those can be easily handled.
Would any additional programming be required if I install any after-market or any subwoofer? Or will it just work automatically.
Old 05-21-2024 | 08:12 AM
E39Nutz
Pro

Originally Posted by vice_toned
No no, I don't mean it that way.
I mean will ANY subwoofer work? Do not worry about the dimensions, those can be easily handled.
Would any additional programming be required if I install any after-market or any subwoofer? Or will it just work automatically.
Any sub with 2-4 ohm load will do. Assuming you want to fit in the stock housing. All you need is to find the right size and depth to fit.
Old 05-21-2024 | 08:59 AM
vice_toned
Advanced

Originally Posted by E39Nutz
Any sub with 2-4 ohm load will do. Assuming you want to fit in the stock housing. All you need is to find the right size and depth to fit.
Perfect! Thanks a lot.
I was just confused on whether any aftermarket sub would work with the current bose speakers or if some sort of configuration would be required, or perhaps changing the speakers.

Quick Reply: Bose Subwoofer Replacement Suggestions