Notices
Panamera 2010-Current
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche San Diego

2024 Panamera 4 eHybrid vs. GTS advice pls?

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2024, 11:05 PM
strat89
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2024 Panamera 4 eHybrid vs. GTS advice pls?

I am considering to put in an order for a 4eHybrid or GTS.

I have a Range Rover for a family car/cruiser so I would like the Panamera to be on the driver's car side. i used to have a 992 4 which I have sold after marriage ;( and now with a baby coming I would like to add back a Porsche with backseats.

4shybrid is not available in my country and turbo e hybrid is a little too expensive.

My considerations are as below:

1. Performances
- 4eHybrid: 4.1s 0-60, instant torque, more versatile in terms of drive modes, but heavier car
- GTS: 3.7s 0-60 (not official but expected to be faster than previous gen?), more natural power build-up, more agile for being lighter

2. Suspension
- 4eHybrid: most likely to order the PAR(Porsche Active Ride) which I am not so sure if will be really necessary
- GTS: not sure if they will still offer PDCC or its now gone forever.

3. Maintenance
- 4ehybrid: battery, hybrid system, PAR all sound good but concerned about maintenance cost in the long term
- GTS: plain old V8 with PDCC sounds like no stress in the long term

4. Price
- around $30K difference, GTS being more expensive

5. Overall character
- 4ehybrid: more of a balanced luxury sport sedan for dads
- GTS: a few spoons less than a 911 but still enjoyable sports car with backseats

I am leaned towards GTS because I am missing the 911 but i know that i will never be 911. If i get the 4eHybrid, im also thinking to buy a used 991.1 for my pure driving pleasure. Any advice on this? Thank you very much in advance
Old 05-15-2024, 08:21 AM
Jrs146
Instructor

Received 100 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by strat89
I am considering to put in an order for a 4eHybrid or GTS.

I have a Range Rover for a family car/cruiser so I would like the Panamera to be on the driver's car side. i used to have a 992 4 which I have sold after marriage ;( and now with a baby coming I would like to add back a Porsche with backseats.

4shybrid is not available in my country and turbo e hybrid is a little too expensive.

My considerations are as below:

1. Performances
- 4eHybrid: 4.1s 0-60, instant torque, more versatile in terms of drive modes, but heavier car
- GTS: 3.7s 0-60 (not official but expected to be faster than previous gen?), more natural power build-up, more agile for being lighter

2. Suspension
- 4eHybrid: most likely to order the PAR(Porsche Active Ride) which I am not so sure if will be really necessary
- GTS: not sure if they will still offer PDCC or its now gone forever.

3. Maintenance
- 4ehybrid: battery, hybrid system, PAR all sound good but concerned about maintenance cost in the long term
- GTS: plain old V8 with PDCC sounds like no stress in the long term

4. Price
- around $30K difference, GTS being more expensive

5. Overall character
- 4ehybrid: more of a balanced luxury sport sedan for dads
- GTS: a few spoons less than a 911 but still enjoyable sports car with backseats

I am leaned towards GTS because I am missing the 911 but i know that i will never be 911. If i get the 4eHybrid, im also thinking to buy a used 991.1 for my pure driving pleasure. Any advice on this? Thank you very much in advance

I was in the same situation as you looking at both the 4S hybrid and the GTS. I ended up buying a CPO GTS for a few reasons. First off, they’re both amazing cars and there is no wrong answer. Second off, my decision also considered that I didn’t have any concern for fuel economy.

I never got to drive a 4S-E hybrid but from a lot of the reviews that I watched, it didn’t seem like the hybrid was as balanced with the power delivery. Also I was happy to avoid the extra weight and components that go into a hybrid system. For me, it’s just more things to break. The V8 twin turbo in the GTS is an excellent motor and likely the last of a generation. Plus the sound is way better in my opinion. Lastly, a lot of the options and add ons really make the delta between the two not as much. I built a hybrid on the configure for the way my GTS (which I bought this week) and it was over 170k. That’s for a new one though. Even used though, the options to me were important. And when you add on things like full leather, and other extras that are standard on the GTS it just seemed to make sense to pay a little more for the GTS to me!
Old 05-15-2024, 04:39 PM
orca15
Pro

Received 242 Likes on 164 Posts

I'm on the e-hybrid side, but unlike you, I did NOT want a 911 replacement. I wanted something that could act a little like a 911 on the windy roads, could scoot through any holes in traffic, and yet be a luxury car. The Panamera fit that bill and the eHybrid was like icing on the cake - even quieter and smoother than the 4S, especially with the air suspension. I think the anti-roll will come standard in the current models. And I get a third car; the hybrid in all electric mode (which isn't going to find any holes in traffic!) for cruising to the grocery store, or sitting in traffic, or just waiting comfortably for my wife to come out of the store. I actually get a lot of use of having all systems on while sitting.

Plus, as a techie, the extra drive modes, gauges, etc. appealed to me.

So far my battery is holding perfect (32 miles) after 2+ years. Will I get screwed if I decide to keep this car 10 years and the battery dies? Maybe. The warranty is for 8 years, so we will see. The cost of a new battery sort of pales in comparison to the depreciation, so if a $20K battery makes you shiver, do NOT buy a new Panny. Do like JRS and get a CPO 20+
Personally I love the hybrid, love watching the engine turn on and off as you go up and down hills, and appreciate the extra 150HP on call. Not sure who says the hybrid power isn't "balanced," I think it is amazingly un-noticeable which engine is on or both.

I drove a GTS really, really HARD for 2 weeks in Germany. Nice enough and a little more like a 911 - bang of power, more noise, just plain more shoves forward and back as the pedal comes on and off. Exactly what I didn't want. Put the EHybrid in Sport Plus and it rivals the GTS, though, but I rarely if ever do that. Even Sport mode is reserved for farm roads.

Hope that helps.

Last edited by orca15; 05-15-2024 at 04:41 PM.

Quick Reply: 2024 Panamera 4 eHybrid vs. GTS advice pls?