Sponsored by: Porsche San Diego

Looking to buy a scanner for my 2013 4s

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2024, 09:21 AM
aarons6
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking to buy a scanner for my 2013 4s

i picked up a used 2013 4s and i dont have a scanner for it.
i know there are a few older threads on here, i read them all.

i do have the carly app and i checked out what it does, but its not much. basically check codes and reset the maintenance light.

i got the maintenance done and the PDK fluid changed from the dealership but they dont do the clutch calibration.
does this even really need to be done? the car drives fine.. i do notice tho at take off sometimes it just jams the clutch and its not really smooth. this is my first DCT car. i believe this is normal?

i picked up a icarsoft por II, which everyone says is amazing, but it actually does less than the carly app.
so i returned it..
i also tried out the foxwell NT510 elite. its a little better but still cant do any calibrations or anything. so i returned that.

i dont really want to just buy scanners and return them if they dont do what i want.
im also not really looking to spend over $1000 on something im going to use twice a year.

so far what ive settled on is the icarsoft max bt, otofix d1 lite or the launch x431. possibly the icarsoft por v3.0?
the features im looking for are, reset maintenance. unlock the brakes, altho i have new brakes so probably dont need changed anytime soon, calibrate the PDK clutch. i would really love it if i can set some dealer options like enable the chronos? not even sure if thats possible.
i also saw in a YT video a Panamera t hat had a g-force thing in the dash. not sure if thats a special feature for the gts or if it can be enabled in all models?

the car is lowered with coil overs so id love to be able to adjust the headlights if its possible. altho i think i can do that by the links on the control arms?

i would love some feedback.
Old 03-01-2024, 09:41 AM
djdonte
Racer

Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts

FCP recommended an 800 dollar Autel. The icarsoft por seems to be a good deal for 300 bucks.
Old 03-01-2024, 06:49 PM
Phrog Phlyer
Rennlist Member

Received 90 Likes on 59 Posts

I bought this one Launch X431CRP919E, under 400 bucks on Amazon and have been very happy. The one I bought is wired and for another $75 you can get the bluetooth one, CRP919EBT.
Old 03-02-2024, 12:07 AM
vkb123
Racer

Received 82 Likes on 56 Posts

You can build your own PIWIS 2 with info off the Planet-9 forum. Software available for download. Then just need a VCI clone (from China). Gives you a dealer level tool (for cars up to 2017). Can do EVERYTHING! I’ve unlocked settings, coded, reset, and done full maintenance with this tool. Initially I assembled it to lower my car through the air suspension (no module or links required!) then I realized its full potential!
The following users liked this post:
Jan-Åke_Klement (05-31-2024)
Old 03-02-2024, 04:28 AM
Mr Tee
Rennlist Member

Received 122 Likes on 69 Posts

For easy hone use I have the icarsoft por2, does all I need it to .

Quick Reply: Looking to buy a scanner for my 2013 4s