Sponsored by: Porsche San Diego

Turbo PDK snatching on slow speed pull away from stationary

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2024, 11:58 AM
holleju
Track Day

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Turbo PDK snatching on slow speed pull away from stationary

I have a 2017 turbo with the PDK box and whilst it generally operates perfectly, I notice that when pulling away slowly from stationary to a slowly increasing speed (e.g. from traffic lights with other cars in front of me) the drive engagement sometimes snatches. Whilst the clutch is not noticeably slipping, e.g. revs are not high, it does feel similar to being in a manual and slipping the clutch to pull away and then once just moving (say 2-3mph), taking your foot off the clutch completely. It also reminds me a bit of pulling away in a boat )

It doesn't thud or make a noise and no passngers have mentioned it / can feel it, I can feel it through the car. There are no fault codes present and otherwise the changes up and down the gearbox are perfect with no thudding or otherwise strange behaviour. The car has 44k miles and hasn't had either the clutch fluid or pdk oil changed.

I have tried the pdk reset procedure, but not noticed a change. I thought of getting the fluids / filter changed in the box, but as the issue only affects pulling away and not changing gear up and down and is not sue yet, haven't done this.

Has anyone else experienced this - is the consensus fluid change or something mechanical?

Thanks

Old 01-09-2024, 02:58 PM
skylolow
Advanced

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

What your feeling is completely normal in any dual clutch transmission when accelerating very slowly or backing up slowly. Its doing exactly what your thinking, slipping slightly and then grabbing.
Old 01-09-2024, 03:01 PM
holleju
Track Day

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks very much for coming back to me. Good to know. Cheers!

Quick Reply: Turbo PDK snatching on slow speed pull away from stationary