Sponsored by: Porsche San Diego

2016 Pan GTS - Unlocking issues with key fob

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2024, 08:57 AM
panamera STG
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2016 Pan GTS - Unlocking issues with key fob

So I live in NY and park my 2016 panamera at the train station when heading to the city.

lately (since the beginning of the winter), my car won’t unlock with the key fob ( have changed batteries in both keys) in the evenings after being parked in the cold for > 8 hours.

don’t that issue when 1) parked in my garage, 2) parked in garage with trickle charger or 3) after driving the car for 5 mins from the train stn (the key fob locks and unlocks just fine).

the car starts fine at the Train stn once I’ve unlocked manually after taking the key out of the fob. Also, I’ve had the battery (4 years old AGM) checked and said it’s fine.

wondering what the issue could be? Maybe the receiver — but then the key fob works after 5 mins and from my garage.

any help appreciated.
Old 01-04-2024, 06:30 PM
Shuga
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 799 Likes on 570 Posts

1 your driving this baby to a NY train station parking lot? Hell NO!

2 You're taking the actual key out and inserting it to the key whole? Do you have the key in the same or close pocket as your phone? Sometimes the signals get crossed and it won't allow it to transmit if you're trying to do it keyless. Your battery is weak, the cold is killing it. When the battery starts to go/get low. It shuts down the connivance features first. Do you have the trickle charger set to AGM?

Quick Reply: 2016 Pan GTS - Unlocking issues with key fob