Sponsored by: Porsche San Diego

Heating when on battery 970 Gen 2 S E-hybrid

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2023, 08:23 PM
shaneymac
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heating when on battery 970 Gen 2 S E-hybrid

I've owned my 2014 Panamera S E-hybrid for 2.5 years now. Recently it's been in the garage for engine out and timing chain etc etc. Anyway, it's driving fine (thankfully) BUT, and perhaps I never noticed this before, as the cold weather draws in, the car's HVAC doesn't seem to get warm at all on Battery power, only after the engine kicks in. Is this normal? Or is something not right here (perhaps with the re-fit of the engine, something was missed). I don't seem to recall this being the case before? Any suggestions? I'm not sure where to even start to check. Thanks in advance.
Old 10-18-2023, 11:37 AM
cbwinters01
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Mine is a '16 and it cools great when driving on the battery. it sounds to me like you have an issue. recently my chiller valve needed replacement...not sure if that is what is causing your issue, but seems to have made mine cooler... Good luck.

EDIT...for whatever reason I read this as a cooling issue while on the hvb...never mind my response above. i recall that it takes a long time for the hvac to start to warm the interior while only driving on the hvb.

Last edited by cbwinters01; 10-18-2023 at 12:28 PM. Reason: replied with incorrect info
Old 10-25-2023, 06:47 AM
shaneymac
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you - it's taking ages alright - not sure it it was like that originally. Even on engine it's taking 30 mins - and fluctuates also - sometime have to set temp to 29 degrees C plus to get "heat"! Will try to figure out further
Old 10-26-2023, 11:41 AM
cbwinters01
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

If I remember correctly, mine will take ~5 mins to start to heat the car...

Quick Reply: Heating when on battery 970 Gen 2 S E-hybrid