Panamera 4E Sport Tourismo 971 2018 21 inch wheels handling problems

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2023 | 03:16 PM
rossba
Track Day

Originally Posted by rossba
This is a good idea thanks.
Will give this a try.
so just done the change to 36 psi on both front tires and this made quite the difference I must say.

don’t get me wrong in Finland you can see the roads that are worn out by winter stud tires and I still get moved around in them with the wide Porsche wheels but the front definitely felt more predictable on normal flat road this time.

tire age is late 2019 on the rear and late 2020 on the front from the tire date codes.
I think I will be ok for now after the front pressure drop thanks for that idea I usually drop front and back at the same time.
Old 04-16-2023 | 03:32 PM
E39Nutz
Pro

Originally Posted by rossba
so just done the change to 36 psi on both front tires and this made quite the difference I must say.

don’t get me wrong in Finland you can see the roads that are worn out by winter stud tires and I still get moved around in them with the wide Porsche wheels but the front definitely felt more predictable on normal flat road this time.

tire age is late 2019 on the rear and late 2020 on the front from the tire date codes.
I think I will be ok for now after the front pressure drop thanks for that idea I usually drop front and back at the same time.
you can also drop the rears to 41 psi and see if that gives you more stability. The good thing about doing this is that you don’t need to visit the dealer. It’s all about trial and error. Find something that you feel is right for your driving.
The following users liked this post:
rossba (04-16-2023)
Old 04-17-2023 | 06:20 PM
Cmj003
AutoX

I have similar set up and have experienced the same. Wheel alignment helped with the general wondering of the car but was still getting the car skipping and jumping around. Was recommended to lower the pressures and similar to above made a marked difference and cured the jumping and shuffling.

in terms of pressures I suspect I was over inflating. Porsche recommend normal pressures based on 20 deg Celsius. I am in the UK and don’t often see these temperatures since lowering my TPMS is now showing values in line with recommended pressures
The following users liked this post:
rossba (04-18-2023)

Quick Reply: Panamera 4E Sport Tourismo 971 2018 21 inch wheels handling problems