Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche San Diego

Low Windshield Washer Fluid Warning

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2023 | 03:05 PM
Santa Cruz Red
Rennlist Member

Default Low Windshield Washer Fluid Warning

G'Day all... I've been getting a low fluid warning light for the last few months with the washer tank fully topped up. I looked at a parts breakdown to see if I could find the location of the sensor, assuming it's on the reservoir, and get a part number... no cigar. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!
Old 03-15-2023 | 07:19 PM
chassis
Rennlist Member

20 seconds with Google produced this: 95562810500

Try calling the dealer?

Last edited by chassis; 03-15-2023 at 07:21 PM.
Old 03-15-2023 | 08:09 PM
skiracer
Rennlist Member

Have you been using Rain-X by chance? Wouldn't be surprised w/ your atmospheric river conditions and torrential rain. It's hydrophobic liquid may have coated your sensor and it just needs to be cleaned. Check out this video on an SQ5:

The sensor itself should be located towards the bottom of the tank itself on the outside, and the wheel well liner needs to be removed or pulled back for access. Sound like a project for our friend, Gabor - good luck!
Old 03-17-2023 | 04:36 PM
ACowabunga
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Santa Cruz Red
G'Day all... I've been getting a low fluid warning light for the last few months with the washer tank fully topped up. I looked at a parts breakdown to see if I could find the location of the sensor, assuming it's on the reservoir, and get a part number... no cigar. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!
The part is also being sold by Suncoast, who have a nice diagram of where the sensor is located. As @skiracer stated, the sensor appears to be in the lower regions of the tank. I have attached the link for your informational purposes. Good luck with the repair.

Quick Reply: Low Windshield Washer Fluid Warning