Panamera 2010-Current
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche San Diego

HV Hybrid Battery on 2014 Panamera

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2023 | 07:41 PM
Boxsterbobby928
2nd Gear

When I purchased the 2014 the dealer said that a replaced battery would not come with a 8 year, 100,000 mile warranty. The car came with a 2 year warranty from Porsche Cars America. For an extra charge they would add a year so I would have a 3 year warranty that would cover the battery, only for three years. I accepted that and only hope I have a strong battery at the end of the warranty.
Old 06-26-2023 | 06:54 PM
amphicar770
Racer

Originally Posted by Boxsterbobby928
When I purchased the 2014 the dealer said that a replaced battery would not come with a 8 year, 100,000 mile warranty. The car came with a 2 year warranty from Porsche Cars America. For an extra charge they would add a year so I would have a 3 year warranty that would cover the battery, only for three years. I accepted that and only hope I have a strong battery at the end of the warranty.
I do not think the high failure rate on these is the battery itself. I suspect that either the battery cooling and/or the power management / charging systems are fundamentally flawed, thus leading to premature death of the battery packs. We will never know for certain as Porsche never owns up to design defects.

Old 06-26-2023 | 07:07 PM
orca15
Pro

I’m interested in your source for “high failure rate”
Old 06-26-2023 | 11:31 PM
amphicar770
Racer

Originally Posted by orca15
I’m interested in your source for “high failure rate”
These forums, the three different dealers who worked on mine and repeated the same thing, etc. But no point arguig with fanbois who deny this issue, IMS bearing failures, plastic coolant pipe failures, air suspension failures, or anything less than praise for all things Porsche.

The following users liked this post:
Mr Tee (06-27-2023)
Old 06-26-2023 | 11:47 PM
orca15
Pro

Originally Posted by amphicar770
These forums, the three different dealers who worked on mine and repeated the same thing, etc. But no point arguig with fanbois who deny this issue, IMS bearing failures, plastic coolant pipe failures, air suspension failures, or anything less than praise for all things Porsche.
Also no arguing with mustachioed scar-faced trolls who hate church, beat their wives, hate everything Porsche, make up stuff, and enjoy movies about nuclear war. Ok your turn to just make ridiculous straw man arguments with ad hominem attacks.

If there is an opposite to fan boy, you seem to be it. As someone who had a magnetic oil plug to catch signs of an IMS on my 911, I am certainly not a problem denier. So shut up.

Oh and my two dealers say “huh?”
Old 06-27-2024 | 10:46 AM
Vincent2014Porsc
1st Gear

Default Hybrid Battery 2014 Panamera

Originally Posted by Buckeyesfl
We are brand new to this forum and this is our first post. In August of 2017 we purchased a used 2014 Panamera Hybrid with 23,000 miles on it. In June of 2019 the HV battery died and after 30 days of negotiating with the Porsche dealership they replaced the battery under warranty. At the time they said a new battery would cost $40,000. This month, January of 2023, the battery would not start so Porsche towed it to the dealership and told us we need a new battery at a cost of $40,000 because the battery is not covered under our extended warranty plan we purchased from the Porsche dealership. We have 19,600 miles on the car since the last, new battery was installed. I called Porsche America and they told us there wasn't anything they could do to help us offset the cost of the battery. Does anyone have a recommendation on what options we might have? The value of the car is equal to or less than the cost of a new HV battery so it doesn't make sense to replace the battery, especially given the history of the problems we've had. Is this a common occurrence with Porsche HV batteries? Thank you for any help provided.
Hello, We began experiencing problems with the 2013 Porsche Panamera e-hybrid in November 2023. Believe it or not our Porsche Panamera was towed the dealership in Mobile, AL in November and there has been absolutely no progress as of today (June 27, 2024). The dealership finally conceded, basically saying they have exhausted all options. They admitted to not knowing how to resolve the issue! We contacted the Corporate office to open a escalation ticket on Friday, June 23rd. We were told they will need 72 hours to look into the issue, we could expect a follow up call after that time. 4 days later, hopeful we will receive a reservation today. Please ler us know if anyone is able to provide any insight.

Note: The 2014 Porsche Panama e-hybrid has a little over 52,000 miles. We hadn't experienced issues up until the car would not start and the e-hybrid error appeared in November of 2023.
The following users liked this post:
21Pan4 (07-01-2024)
Old 06-30-2024 | 06:14 PM
amphicar770
Racer

Originally Posted by orca15
Also no arguing with mustachioed scar-faced trolls who hate church, beat their wives, hate everything Porsche, make up stuff, and enjoy movies about nuclear war. Ok your turn to just make ridiculous straw man arguments with ad hominem attacks.

If there is an opposite to fan boy, you seem to be it. As someone who had a magnetic oil plug to catch signs of an IMS on my 911, I am certainly not a problem denier. So shut up.

Oh and my two dealers say “huh?”
Thanks for your eloquent, fact filled, and educational reply, backed by data. You have proved my point. I rest my case, Fanboi.

Last edited by amphicar770; 06-30-2024 at 06:18 PM.

Quick Reply: HV Hybrid Battery on 2014 Panamera