Notices
Panamera 2010-Current
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche San Diego

2017 Panamera Turbo Fuel Gauge, HPFP & Other Faults? HELP.

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2023, 12:39 AM
dannybatts
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation 2017 Panamera Turbo Fuel Gauge, HPFP & Other Faults? HELP.

Hi all - I have a 2017 Panamera Turbo that I've owned for a year and a half. It only has 16k miles. A few days ago I got a fuel gauge fault. I did some research here and it sounded like a fuel sender needed to be replaced, so I planned to go to the shop next week. Then yesterday when I started the car I got a check engine light and a reduced engine power notification, with a stall like idle. I did some more research here and that seems like a high pressure fuel pump issue. When I started the car the next day, the reduced engine power issue went away, the car ran fine, but the fuel gauge issue is still there.

I took it to a local shop and they told me that both fuel senders are bad, which requires replacement of the fuel tank and other parts as well, and the fuel pump needs to be replaced. I find it hard to believe that all of these parts suddenly went bad at the same time, and I also don't understand why you would need to replace a gas tank to replace the fuel senders. This all sounds ridiculous to me, so I'm going to take the care elsewhere but I also thought I would check here to see what you all thought. Thanks in advance!
Old 01-15-2023, 08:52 AM
ManoTexas
Three Wheelin'

Received 693 Likes on 418 Posts

HPFF going out causes lot of weird warnings and drivability issues. But when get several different in-related warnings, could be your battery going bad. Think you need to try different shop for analysis of issues.
Old 01-17-2023, 12:34 PM
dannybatts
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ManoTexas
HPFF going out causes lot of weird warnings and drivability issues. But when get several different in-related warnings, could be your battery going bad. Think you need to try different shop for analysis of issues.
100% thanks for the advice. I'm going to swap out the battery this week even though the car starts fine (it's from 2/2017 so 6 years old at this point) and then take it to a different shop. I'll have them reset everything and see what errors they still get.

Quick Reply: 2017 Panamera Turbo Fuel Gauge, HPFP & Other Faults? HELP.