Chassis Failure 2010 PTT

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2023, 04:51 PM
Crockett9696
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chassis Failure 2010 PTT

Hello fellow Rennlisters,

I purchased a 2010 PTT and after putting 10k miles on it and 3 Oil changes, as well as air/oil separator, etc.. I am now stuck with the front air suspension stuck all the way as high as it will go! The rear is not sagging and. When I hit Sport or Sport Plus it tries to lower maybe an inch and then goes straight back up pointing to the sky! I am at a loss. Everything I have found has mentioned sagging front suspension when you get the chassis failure warning light. What could be failing. I was driving I-5 80 mph took my exit and got to the end of the offramp and all of the sudden I’m looking up instead of out and the front end is squirrelly as can be. Not safe at all. Anyone had this happen and if so, what was the solution?
Old 01-05-2023, 05:12 PM
skiracer
Rennlist Member

Received 175 Likes on 129 Posts

That is indeed the very opposite of what is typically experienced w/ a chassis failure message - my front bags both needed to be replaced (HPFP had already been replaced as part of a recall) and my chassis was sitting on the bump stops when it happened to my car.

It appears to be a failed sensor or your ride height may need to be recalibrated, but it doesn't seem like your system has a problem holding air. Best of luck!
Old 01-05-2023, 05:33 PM
Crockett9696
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for a quick response. That is what I was thinking, either a sensor or distribution valve block failure? Hoping for more thought or a known fix for sure.

Quick Reply: Chassis Failure 2010 PTT