Notices
Panamera 2010-Current

Seat won’t go back past half way! Dealership stumped!

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2022, 04:39 PM
BigChief480

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Seat won’t go back past half way! Dealership stumped!

So last week the dealership removed my Pirellis and mounted Michelins for me. I kept the recently mounted front tires so they lowered my rear seats (I have a late year 2018 turbo ST) adjusted my front seats forward slightly and I took the tires home. When I put the rear seats back up, the passenger seat went back just fine, but the driver seat won’t go back past about halfway, and the “easy exit” feature no longer puts the seat back either. Dealership says there is not a feature that moves the seats automatically when the rear seats are lowered. Took it back to the dealer, connected/scanned it and the car tells them everything is fine and it’s running it’s full adjustment range. They fully recognize it isn’t. Nothing stuck in the gears, I checked. Their answer is to replace the tracks and the motor.

Anybody had something like this happen to them? I’m also worried that when they recode the new seat motor it might mess with the full screen CarPlay coding I had done, but I can address that later. Any ideas?
Old 11-20-2022, 10:29 AM
Norge911
Rennlist Member

Received 555 Likes on 368 Posts

Did dealer reset sensor?

From outside car, move seat all the way forward, tilt back all the way forward, then go all the way back. Try a couple of times.
Old 11-20-2022, 05:21 PM
BigChief480

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Thanks for the advice. I tried your trick. Not sure if I did the procedure just right, but it didn’t work. Thanks though.
Old 12-03-2022, 03:49 AM
BertilDator
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by BigChief480
I’m also worried that when they recode the new seat motor it might mess with the full screen CarPlay coding I had done, but I can address that later. Any ideas?
Porsche repair shop doesn't remove the patch, at least for me, but it disables CarPlay/AA. I think their system automatically updates the car when they plug it in.

Good thing you can do it just with an SD card or perhaps the person who did the patching won't charge you full of they re-apply it. It is just a matter of flipping that option on in the Green Engineering Menu, no need to re-apply the patch. Assuming it was patched originally with the easy SD card & MIB method.

Last edited by BertilDator; 12-03-2022 at 03:51 AM.
Old 12-03-2022, 04:10 AM
sp3000
Instructor

Received 50 Likes on 34 Posts

Could there be a rear seat sensor that still thinks the seat is lowered? Have you put the rear seats up and back a couple of times?

Quick Reply: Seat won’t go back past half way! Dealership stumped!