Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche San Diego

Vibration when breaking

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2022, 01:44 PM
Allybear43
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

These are me rear rotors, you can see that the one has a grove in it, and that they're jacked where it's rusty. Does that mean its warped?
Old 05-16-2022, 09:34 AM
Deezflip
Instructor

Received 59 Likes on 36 Posts

From your other thread, figured I'd update you on this thread rather...
Originally Posted by Deezflip
It's not often that the rear rotors contribute to shaking when braking, but possible. Did you noticed improvements when you changed the front? Shaking reduced or the same? I'm suspecting bushings
Originally Posted by Allybear43
I'm honestly not sure, I think it improved a little but it may just be mentally. I had suspected that the rear where the issue, but I took it to a well know shop who said start with the front. Is there a way to check the bushings without taking the wheel off?
I don't know if you'll be able to tell. I am surprised that changing out the front rotors didn't get rid of the brake shaking..or at least improved or decreased in shaking. Did you replace the front with new rotors and brakes? Or were they used?

Nevertheless, take a look at Ciaka's post on this thread in what to troubleshoot...
https://rennlist.com/forums/panamera...rake-pads.html

Old 05-16-2022, 12:33 PM
Allybear43
Track Day

Car doesn't make any clicking noise, or any kinda noise when going over bumps, no vibrations any other time besides braking. No vibrations around corners either. So I don't think it has anything to do with control arms
Old 03-23-2024, 08:41 PM
armedoc
3rd Gear

Did you ever figure out a solution? I have the exact same problem.

Thanks
Old 03-23-2024, 09:30 PM
Allybear4343
Track Day

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by armedoc
Did you ever figure out a solution? I have the exact same problem.

Thanks
I did, It was the rears. ( I lost the password to my other account Allybear43) Shaking went away right away.
Old 03-23-2024, 09:38 PM
armedoc
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by Allybear4343
I did, It was the rears. ( I lost the password to my other account Allybear43) Shaking went away right away.
Did you feel the shaking in the steering wheel? I recently purchased a 2016 GTS 44k miles and over about 2 months of ownership it has developed some pretty significant wobble in the steering wheel under braking, anything more than about 40mph. It had new front brakes put on at around 3k miles ago by previous owner (have receipts). I decided to just put brand new rotors and pads on as I thought it was most likely this. Strangely the problem has somewhat improved maybe 70%, but still noticeable slight wobble in steering wheel under braking over 60mph. Seems odd for the rears to cause the steering wheel to shake, so I was considering chasing the tie rods and/or lower control arm bushings, but any advice welcomed.

Thanks

Quick Reply: Vibration when breaking