Sponsored by: Porsche San Diego

PASM Chassis System Failure

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2022, 03:11 PM
evaughan44
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PASM Chassis System Failure

I've a brand new 2022 Panamera 4S, with 2300 miles on it developed a "Chassis System Failure". It's been at the dealer now for 4 weeks, and they still can't find the problem. Any other experiences with Panamera PASM failures?
Old 02-18-2022, 03:49 PM
sac02
Pro

Received 200 Likes on 140 Posts

Chassis system failure message is pretty common, if you search you'll find lots of info.

Many times the message will intermittent, it may not come back next key cycle. Regardless, if the message came up in the combimeter then a DTC was stored - a dealer with PIWIS should be able to read either as current or history codes and have some idea what part of the system was malfunctioning at the time the code was set.

Usually it comes up when air springs are leaky and the compressor can't keep up (to keep the vehicle level at target ride height).

But any number of other items can lead to the message, such as (in approximate decreasing order of likelihood) a NG valve block, NG compressor, NG relay, cracked air line, etc.

Are you sure the dealer can't find the problem, or is it possible they are just doing a poor job of communicating (maybe they are waiting for a part or something)?
Old 02-18-2022, 03:52 PM
evaughan44
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dealer has been excellent at communicating, with at least 1x daily updates. It called out a sensor to start. They replaced that, fault remained. Then they replaced the control module, as that was the next part called for. This had to be air-shipped from Germany. They installed it and the fault continued. So they know have disassembled the wiring harness and are OHMing every wire to look for a short. Several days, no short found.

Today, they actually put a new control module on from another car. The fault went away, but they determined that the part came from another Panamera without the air suspension system, so they aren't sure if it would fault or not.
Old 02-18-2022, 04:31 PM
ACowabunga
Rennlist Member

Received 69 Likes on 53 Posts

I had the chassis failure when my alternator failed. Once they replaced it, everything returned to normal and PASM started working properly again.
Old 06-21-2023, 02:16 AM
puregreen319
AutoX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by evaughan44
I've a brand new 2022 Panamera 4S, with 2300 miles on it developed a "Chassis System Failure". It's been at the dealer now for 4 weeks, and they still can't find the problem. Any other experiences with Panamera PASM failures?
I had same issue 3 times with the new 2022 panamera 4 platinum edition.
6000 miles dealer replaced the compressor
8000 miles dealer replaced a broken accelerator sensor on front wheel
Last week 8800 miles, the chassis fault error appeared again…

Old 06-21-2023, 11:54 AM
Atlas_Shrugz
Advanced

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Sounds like many things can trigger the Chassis fault error. I've had the error due to leaky front shocks, bad compressor, bad ABS sensor, and moisture in the airline. Not terribly uncommon in older Panamera's but seems pretty unusual on a newer one. I have a 2010 Turbo. I wouldn't expect those issues on a newer Panamera.

Quick Reply: PASM Chassis System Failure