Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche San Diego

Build questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2022, 08:17 PM
2GSDs
Racer

Received 129 Likes on 86 Posts

Just look what was available in the 70s. Black was an option that cost extra!
If you want something like this now, you have to cough up roughly $11,000.

Even Papaya is $3270.
PS—corduroy seats gave me a chuckle.
photo credit @911kiwi

Last edited by 2GSDs; 01-31-2022 at 08:43 PM.
The following users liked this post:
sac02 (02-01-2022)
Old 02-06-2022, 01:14 PM
2GSDs
Racer

@Shuga abattoir red with orange just doesn’t work.
My son has red in his BMW, and it’s more of a cardinal red, which looks better to me, but I still feel it would be too much for me and my age 😁
Ideally, I would get something cream with dark brown, because a very light dash would be a glarefest.
They offer Marsala/cream, but that burgundy doesn’t work with orange.

Latest version

https://cc.porsche.com/icc/ccCall.do...ID=USM&RT=null

Originally Posted by Shuga
Ughh that color, But do I spy a light color interior? Going back to your S class days I see SMH.

What about red?.

Last edited by 2GSDs; 02-06-2022 at 01:21 PM.
Old 02-11-2022, 03:29 PM
apias
Advanced

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by 2GSDs
After renting one in that color, I am sold on it, especially since it hides [...] pollen so well.
Did you park it under a palm tree?
Old 02-12-2022, 01:41 AM
2GSDs
Racer

Originally Posted by apias
Did you park it under a palm tree?
At certain times of the year, it doesn’t matter where you park it. Everything gets covered in yellow.
We also have dust. I keep my cars very clean, but I don’t want to dust them every time I take them for a drive.

Last edited by 2GSDs; 02-12-2022 at 01:44 AM.
The following users liked this post:
apias (02-13-2022)
Old 02-15-2022, 01:37 PM
2GSDs
Racer

Originally Posted by Targa32
I am waiting for an allocation for a Panamera hopefully in a few months / but I specifically want to order the Panamera 4 Executive model. I had a 2016 Panamera and the only problem with the car was it was too cramped in the cabin with four people in the car. And the idea is to be a luxury car as much if not more than a sports car. The Executive model provides more legroom in the back seats to make it a real luxury sedan that competes more with the Mercedes S560 which I currently own.
….

oddly Porsche does not sell the Executive model in Europe but only in foreign markets. Very popular in Japan and China where their customers often have drivers.

there is an option for a larger center console between the seats and foot rests—

Besides an Executive model would be very rare as my dealer says that they have never ordered one for a customer.

why isn’t the executive model not more popular?
I thought this post was relevant to my thread.
@Targa32 , you will find some reasons if you scroll up.

I am leaning toward the executive at this time. Last night I did two builds, and discovered that the executive comes with some things that are not included in the standard size Panny, but you can’t get certain other things, for example, you cannot select an 18-way seat for the executive.
Also, the exec build doesn’t offer the extra seat in the back with the shorter console, which is kind of a bummer because I don’t like floor in the the back being blocked by that giant console.
The only option you get is….more cow bell, err, console! (Pics attached)

One thing to ponder: if you have tall people riding in the back, the ones in the front are going to have to move forward to make room for them. So it does matter to you, as a driver.

PS— Funny that another person getting out of an S-class likes the executive. 😁

Console on standard

This is the optional extra large executive console

Standard executive console

Last edited by 2GSDs; 02-15-2022 at 02:13 PM.
Old 02-15-2022, 02:12 PM
SS22
Burning Brakes

Received 485 Likes on 336 Posts

One thing to ponder: if you have tall people riding in the back, the ones in the front are going to have to move forward to make room for them. So it does matter to you, as a driver.
I have the sedan Panamera (4S E-H) and don’t need to move my driver seat at all when I have tall people in the back. I’m 5’10” and have my driver seat fairly back (steering wheel is pulled out too) and have had someone who’s 6’2” sit in the back with PLENTY of space between his knees and the back of my seat (about a couple inches). There’s PLENTY of space in the sedan Panamera. Unless Shaq is driving and Lebron is sitting behind him, the sedan is just fine.
Old 02-15-2022, 02:15 PM
2GSDs
Racer

Originally Posted by SS22
I have the sedan Panamera (4S E-H) and don’t need to move my driver seat at all when I have tall people in the back. I’m 5’10” and have my driver seat fairly back (steering wheel is pulled out too) and have had someone who’s 6’2” sit in the back with PLENTY of space between his knees and the back of my seat (about a couple inches). There’s PLENTY of space in the sedan Panamera. Unless Shaq is driving and Lebron is sitting behind him, the sedan is just fine.]
But you are 5’0”.
My family’s men are 6’5” .

I am not 5’0”… where did you get that idea?

Also, I wouldn’t consider a couple of inches to be “PLENTY.”

Thanks for your input and I’m glad your Panny works for you. I reserve the right to get one that works for me 😃

Last edited by 2GSDs; 02-15-2022 at 02:32 PM.
Old 02-15-2022, 03:19 PM
trongngo97
Advanced

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

No need to get aggressive here, we're all different. I'm much shorter than y'all and I still find the Panamera can be roomier inside than what it is. @2GSDs the center console is where the PDK sits, and it's the sole reason why Porsche's are always underpowered and outperforming similar competitors.

I seriously advise against getting the Panamera if you really want huge legroom, especially higher trim models. For that money you can get a normal high performing Panamera AND a roomy car/SUV that'll fit your need. If you can only get one car, and need that much power, go with a high performance SUV, or even the RS6 and E63 wagon are roomier in the back.

Always remember that weight and size is the opposite of fast and nimble. I love my rear passengers but they're not there when I want to go fast on backroads. When they're there, they'll remember they're sitting in a Porsche, not an S-class.
Old 02-15-2022, 04:39 PM
125shifter
Burning Brakes

Received 51 Likes on 30 Posts

I think our old 958 Cayenne had a little more rear seat room that the 972 Panamera. I have the seat almost all the way back in my 972 for my 36" inseam but there's still a little more adjustment if needed and I think a more standard leg person could still sit behind me.

My biggest gripe with the rear seat room is if I put the rear seat back down, I can't put my front seat back where I'd like it. I did not have this issue with the Cayenne.
Old 02-15-2022, 06:08 PM
SS22
Burning Brakes

Received 485 Likes on 336 Posts

My family’s men are 6’5” .

I am not 5’0”… where did you get that idea?

Also, I wouldn’t consider a couple of inches to be “PLENTY.”

Thanks for your input and I’m glad your Panny works for you. I reserve the right to get one that works for me 😃
Let’s stay calm here and not add words into my post Of course, get whatever car you like. I just wanted to share that the non-exec Panamera has plenty of space and there’s no issue with putting tall passengers in the rear seats since you said it’d require the front seats to be pushed up. I’ve also had a 6’3” passenger in the front and a 6’2” passenger right behind him in the back. They both sat comfortably with lots of legroom. Again, get whatever you like, of course, and feel free to ignore my post.

Quick Reply: Build questions