Notices
Panamera 2010-Current
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche San Diego

Official Panamera Waiting Room (for new orders)

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2022 | 06:44 PM
SS22
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by MiamiNYer
I don’t think the boat is the [only] issue. He seemed to imply it is being held for a reason but he doesn’t know why. He said maybe parts but I would think they would let him know. Uncool to leave customers in limbo with no explanation at all.
Ask him if there are any open campaigns. Your car’s VIN is already generated and he can pop it into their system and see if there’s any open campaigns, which would indicate if there’s any missing parts or software issue or whatever.
Old 01-07-2022 | 06:57 PM
MiamiNYer
Instructor

Originally Posted by SS22
Ask him if there are any open campaigns. Your car’s VIN is already generated and he can pop it into their system and see if there’s any open campaigns, which would indicate if there’s any missing parts or software issue or whatever.
Thanks. Actually asked back in December and there were no active blocks and it was expected to leave by month end (December). I would assume others would be subject to the same delays if something is missing. Other than PTS, there is nothing unique about my car. This is not sitting well with us especially since we were passed over for the 992 allocation we were promised and have been given no timeframe for an allocation at all.

I was sitting tight for months but started to get really excited once it was built and at the port. Back to waiting [im]patiently. It is what it is. Hope at least it’s unique to me and others have better news!
Old 01-08-2022 | 11:49 PM
Gator Fan 1957
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Gator Fan 1957
Car made it to the port in Jacksonville and was offloaded on the 30th. It then went straight into the inspection/prep area and thats the last my SA has heard as I stopped by and spoke with him yesterday and he said he was waiting on the next status notification, the Monroney, and the truck schedule. He said I am fortunate in that the dealership has enough cars that were shipped and offloaded from the Siem Aristotle in Jacksonville that it would fill a whole truck. He said because of that, it won't be zig zagging and dropping off a car here and there at other Porsche dealerships but will come straight to Cary NC. He still believes I will have it by this weekend but we'll see. Can't complain if it doesn't happen. Original delivery date was April 8th in Atlanta when i placed the order so I'm still way ahead of the game! I'll keep you updated and post some pictures when it happens. 👍
No car delivery this weekend 😢 A truck showed up at the dealership Thursday with four vehicles that were offloaded from the same ship as my vehicle came in on. SA has not received an answer on why my car is still being held in Jacksonville. Latest delivery date shown was the 14th so I guess they are sticking to it. Maybe next weekend. 🤞
Old 01-09-2022 | 12:40 PM
orca15
Pro

Just remember Gator, our cars left the factory on the same day and yours is one truck drive away from your garage while mine is passing the Azores, so no whining

This is a total guess, but I wonder if yours (Gator) is getting a PCM update at JAX while mine got it at Emden, which is why they split there. Wasn't there some folks whose cars were held in San Diego for a couple of weeks for the PCM update?

Anyway, I guess all of us on the thread are starting to learn to factor in a month extra somewhere for port delays, boats circling the port waiting for a spot, etc. etc.
Old 01-09-2022 | 01:05 PM
SS22
Burning Brakes

Mine left Emden Nov.5, arrived at San Diego on Dec. 1 and got to dealer on Dec. 8 (or maybe 9) and I took delivery Dec. 11. When it was on the ship, I was shown the screenshot of the Porsche system showing my exact car (with VIN showing) had no open campaign. I was never told about a PCM update happening anywhere (port or dealer) and if it became a thing after I took delivery, no one has told me. About a week ago, the car did do an over the air update but it took something like 20 seconds to download and I can’t figure out what changed! Anyways, food for thought! Hope you guys get your cars soon.
Old 01-09-2022 | 08:05 PM
Gator Fan 1957
Intermediate

Originally Posted by orca15
Just remember Gator, our cars left the factory on the same day and yours is one truck drive away from your garage while mine is passing the Azores, so no whining

This is a total guess, but I wonder if yours (Gator) is getting a PCM update at JAX while mine got it at Emden, which is why they split there. Wasn't there some folks whose cars were held in San Diego for a couple of weeks for the PCM update?

Anyway, I guess all of us on the thread are starting to learn to factor in a month extra somewhere for port delays, boats circling the port waiting for a spot, etc. etc.
No whining. Ok. Maybe a little. Just anxious as we all are. 😅
One fact my SA passed on to me is one of the hold ups he has seen recently on many cars including all models that there is a chip that they are short on that goes in the Bose system amplifiers. Not sure if you have the Bose or not or if it affects the Burmeister system but it's a chip that sends the seat belt warning chime through the amplifier. Said they can't deliver the cars by law without it. Not sure if that is the actual holdup or if it's a guess on his part but he said he has had recent vehicles held up because of it. I have the Bose and he said he had a Taycan and two Macan's with the Bose sound systems that were delayed because of that. The delay was actually helpful because my garage is spotless now!😅

Last edited by Gator Fan 1957; 01-09-2022 at 08:08 PM.
Old 01-10-2022 | 01:12 AM
SS22
Burning Brakes

I do have the Bose and was not affected. Hopefully whatever is happening clears up.

Earlier today, the microphone in mine stopped working. I immediately thought of you guys and thought shoot, maybe mine needs the software update! Thankfully after I turned the car off and came back to it a few hours later, everything worked again like a charm.
Old 01-10-2022 | 01:15 PM
JRose625
4th Gear

Hey everyone,

This is my first post here, though admittedly I've spent hours on here researching and getting opinions on various build options. I'm very excited to have recently put in an order for a new GTS ST. My build lock date should be in a couple weeks, and I was given a delivery estimate of mid-April. I lucked out that my dealer had an allocation available. Just as a heads up to all of you considering carbon ceramics, I was told by my dealer in St. Pete, Florida there's been a stop-order put on them sadly. I presume that is the case for all non-Turbo S models at the moment, presumably due to supply issues, though I can not confirm. Don't know if there's any one else out there who has recently run into this same issue. Anyways, happy to be joining the Panamera club. My build, for anyone interested: http://www.porsche-code.com/PN4MW189
Old 01-10-2022 | 01:26 PM
911C2R
Advanced

Originally Posted by JRose625
Hey everyone,

This is my first post here, though admittedly I've spent hours on here researching and getting opinions on various build options. I'm very excited to have recently put in an order for a new GTS ST. My build lock date should be in a couple weeks, and I was given a delivery estimate of mid-April. I lucked out that my dealer had an allocation available. Just as a heads up to all of you considering carbon ceramics, I was told by my dealer in St. Pete, Florida there's been a stop-order put on them sadly. I presume that is the case for all non-Turbo S models at the moment, presumably due to supply issues, though I can not confirm. Don't know if there's any one else out there who has recently run into this same issue. Anyways, happy to be joining the Panamera club. My build, for anyone interested: http://www.porsche-code.com/PN4MW189
Congrats and Nice build! Color, wheels and ST - at least on the cover, your build matches mine.

I too just got word on a GTS allocation. My local dealer on the east-coast of FL is finalizing a Taycan allocation trade to get me a GTS from a dealer in CA.

The following users liked this post:
JRose625 (01-10-2022)
Old 01-10-2022 | 08:59 PM
trongngo97
Advanced

Hey everyone,

Wow we are on the same boat! I too have been a lurker for a while researching on a new GTS ST. Just placed an order last week for a March build with a late April ETA. Frozen date will be 2/23. My dealer in Houston told me that cars are arriving earlier than expected (last week a February ETA order arrived). That gives me some hope because I gave up on an order demand for an RS6 with June ETA to get the Panamera ST. I am pretty sure on most of the options, but still tossed up between a saddle brown or truffle brown interior. I don't like to have a brown steering wheel, which the configuration makes that impossible on truffle brown. I wonder if the steering wheel will be black with the carbon fiber wheel option. If that is the case I'd go truffle brown, if not then saddle brown it is. Here's the build: http://www.porsche-code.com/PN5NDAZ6.
Old 01-11-2022 | 04:43 PM
richardbf
Rennlist Member

Hey everyone,

I wasn’t told that but I put my order in back in November for a march build. I’m not really wanting the car without it. All of my cars have ccb and it will continue to be that way going forward
Old 01-11-2022 | 07:11 PM
Gator Fan 1957
Intermediate

Originally Posted by SS22
I do have the Bose and was not affected. Hopefully whatever is happening clears up.

Earlier today, the microphone in mine stopped working. I immediately thought of you guys and thought shoot, maybe mine needs the software update! Thankfully after I turned the car off and came back to it a few hours later, everything worked again like a charm.
My SA told me today that the hold up on my car is the "lack of tire pressure monitors". Not sure if its the actual monitors or the chip that they talk to. Odd, but that's the latest information he can get from Jacksonville. He said he has seen this happen before. Said it could take a day to rectify it and he also has seen it take up to three weeks. It is what it is. 🤷
Old 01-11-2022 | 10:01 PM
dgwhitten
Instructor

Trongngo97: I have a Macan with expresso interior. It is admittedly a darker brown than either of your choices and has a brown steering wheel. I think that it looks perfect and would not want a black wheel. Just to let ya know that the brown wheel can look great with brown interior.
Old 01-11-2022 | 10:56 PM
crwd77
Intermediate

@trongngo97 @JRose625 Same for me. My Panamera GTS is also a March build with delivery in April. I don't mind if it gets delayed by a couple of months IF I could do European Delivery. Here is my build:
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNANG7G9.

@richardbf I envy your garage. My 2-car garage is only 20ft wide. Builders nowadays make tiny garages. Not sure how I can fit my Panamera & my wife's AMG with powerwalls and whole house water filtration system. Also, that won't leave room for our bikes.
Old 01-12-2022 | 01:02 AM
richardbf
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by crwd77
@trongngo97 @JRose625 Same for me. My Panamera GTS is also a March build with delivery in April. I don't mind if it gets delayed by a couple of months IF I could do European Delivery. Here is my build:
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNANG7G9.

@richardbf I envy your garage. My 2-car garage is only 20ft wide. Builders nowadays make tiny garages. Not sure how I can fit my Panamera & my wife's AMG with powerwalls and whole house water filtration system. Also, that won't leave room for our bikes.
Thanks. It works but it’s not ideal compared to our Ontario and Michigan properties. The tandem thing gets old but land is pricey in the pnw

Quick Reply: Official Panamera Waiting Room (for new orders)